News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Digged out my DigDug!

Started by GrindCustoms, July 19, 2016, 06:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

I was in need of a refreshing sound, something that would take me out of my usual sound setup habits... while trying bunch of stuff among my pile of pedals... ...i summoned the forgotten! My 1590B etched pcb DigDug....!

That happened the day before i left for my last worktrip, when i came back yesterday, fired up my main amp setup PSU and played directly through my last setting that had that circuit ON.... that thing is just so amazing.... on cleans with a very slow deep and mellow phaser to sort of blend the stepped sequence is something beautiful...

And then! I remembered that i had a DigDug2!  ;D Missing some of the IC to complete... can't wait to get those orders in... was making a while that i did'nt had that feeling of waiting impatiently on parts for a particular project, feels like when i was feeling ready to build a PT2399 delay when i first started out! lol

Needed this sort of thing... ...to fuel my will of building stuff for me like i used to do, anyone here that have been building for a while had this feeling or is maybe in that situation i am/was?

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

lincolnic

Quote from: GrindCustoms on July 19, 2016, 06:14:57 PM
Needed this sort of thing... ...to fuel my will of building stuff for me like i used to do, anyone here that have been building for a while had this feeling or is maybe in that situation i am/was?

I definitely have that feeling right now, which is why I was really hoping the Ring Stinger would get more votes in the release order poll. I'm not really interested in any other pedals right now, I feel like I've got the rest of my needs pretty well covered. Give me crazy sounds to get me excited again!

matmosphere

I've been dying to build a rust bucket, but unexpected expenses keep hitting me.

jimilee

Oh yeah, that's a common thing with any hobby. I've gone through it s time or two. To

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

selfdestroyer

Last Sunday I meet up with a cool dude from ILoveFuzz forums that we found out only lives an hour from me. Talking to him all day about gear made me go home and want to play everything again.. He also suggested a bunch of gear for me to check out and it got me thinking "I can build something like that".. here we go, back on it again.

Sometimes that's all it takes for me to get excited again. It could be talking to someone or a YouTube video that sparks a want/need.

Now I need to start populating my DigDug2, thanks Rej! lol

Cody