News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Freekout/ EHX frequency Analyzer

Started by johnk, July 24, 2016, 07:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnk

I just finished this one the other day. after owning the original, this one sounds just like it but is a LOT smaller in an etched 125B:

stringsthings

Very nice!  Excellent etch and it looks great with the polished enclosure.
All You Need Is Love

m-Kresol

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Stomptown

gordo

That's etched??!!  You guys are just taking this stuff to the next level!
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Scruffie

Works at Lectric-FX

Drew Hallenbeck

WOW! Awesome looking build!
Your etches are amazing. I've been getting some pretty decent results but still not quite on that level.
Any chance you could share a quick run-down on your process?
Prep, masking technique, etchant used, time/temp, etc....
Would be greatly appreciated!
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

matmosphere

That is a pretty flawless etch. Looks fantastic and I'd bet it sounds nice too.

Boba7

So great!!
I wanna build one now!
Looks fantastic, really.

Timko

That's a killer etch. Did you etch the polished enclosure or polish it after the etch?  I've been wanting to do something this clean for a while.

lincolnic

This looks amazing. If that's an etch, it's one of the cleanest I've ever seen.

bcalla

johnk

Quote from: Timko on July 25, 2016, 06:41:33 PM
That's a killer etch. Did you etch the polished enclosure or polish it after the etch?  I've been wanting to do something this clean for a while.

thanks. first I sand the enclosure with a Makita orbital sander (150, 220 and 320 grits), then I block the face with 400 grit wet. then I etch it with acid magic, then I block wet sand the face with 600, 800, 2000 and finally with 12000 micro mesh. the block sanded 12K paper results with a polished finish.

Drew Hallenbeck

Thanks for sharing.
Do you do your masking with toner transfer? (laser printer/glossy paper, what paper do you use?)
Also, how long do you let them etch? Do you do anything for agitation? What about temperature?
I don't mean to nag, I just really want to find a better method for clean etching. And yours sir are perfection!
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

Timko

Killer response.  I think I need to get some sort of powered sander to get the imperfections out.  Right now everything is done by hand.

Also, what's acid magic?  I just ran out of my bottle of ferric acid and am interested to try something that doesn't stain everything in my basement.