News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BC549C for Quadrovibe

Started by gabu1306, July 19, 2011, 10:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gabu1306

I cant seem to find the BC549C transistor at smallbear. Is there another equivalent value i could use? Is the BC547B ok?

CRBMoA

This is a link to the 2N5089, which is is higher gain than your garden variety 2N5088. The 2N508x series silicon trannies are cousins to the BC54x trannies.

PLEASE NOTE that the pinout is 180 degrees opposite of the BC549.

Simply rotate the tranny so that the flat side is opposite of what you would install the BC549

Unless 'Bean weighs in to correct me, I believe this will float your boat.

madbean

Yep, the 5089 will work fine.

gabu1306

Thanks guys, i was just trying to stick to smallbear since i got all the other parts there, and i hate paying for shipping..

bigmufffuzzwizz

To answer your original question yes you can substitute bc547 for bc549. The b and c after the part value has to do with the gain of the tranny. This datasheet says its for bc546-bc550 so any of those would more than likely work fine. pg 3 lists the different gain ranges for the different letter grouping http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/MicroElectronics/mXuwzwr.pdf
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

TheCobbenator

Okay bigmufffuzzwizz answered my question whether or not the "b" or "c" mattered.

That being said, there's some at Tayda Electronics for .03 -- there will def be some in my next order from then.
...whenever any of the ppl who owe me money actually pay me. But that's a different story

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: TheCobbenator on July 21, 2011, 08:18:41 AM
That being said, there's some at Tayda Electronics for .03 -- there will def be some in my next order from then.
...whenever any of the ppl who owe me money actually pay me. But that's a different story

Grabbed a bunch of them on my most recent order which should be here any day now. Sili FF's and BM's galor!!  8)

TheCobbenator

Glad I could help. Now write me back about those etches! Haha

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: TheCobbenator on July 28, 2011, 07:35:44 AM
Glad I could help. Now write me back about those etches! Haha

Whoops, I thought I did the other day. Thanks for reminding me!   ;D