News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DIY Dual Delay(not double delay)

Started by aballen, March 14, 2013, 07:01:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aballen

jkokura

Yeah, that's the idea. I have an email out to Andrew (TTG) about whether he thinks it will work, then I'll be sourcing a Dual Gang Digital pot to do some testing on my board, and then get a proto PCB in. Once the PCB is in, I'll build it up.

Actually, I'm pretty much due for a big update on things with JMK PCBs because I've been too quiet about how things have been developing.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

intergalatico

Hey Jacob,

I know is old thread but I would like to know if the temptation worked for you.

I am thinking of building the multiplex and would love to have the tap function.

1. Is possible to combine the multiplex delay with the taptation?

2. Is possible to have 2 diferents tempo subdivisions (delay 1 and 2) with 2 digital potis on the taptation?

I appreciate any help!

Cheers

gtr2

The best way to use the taptation is to have two chips and run each one individually to each pt2399.  Then you can pick your subdivisions for each pt2399 independently.  Otherwise you will be stuck with some sort of current mirroring for one or the other.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

diablochris6

Quote from: Funkasaurus on March 14, 2013, 10:59:13 AM
The signal chain works as follows.

Series

Input--Buffer Splitter--D'Lay 1--D'Lay2--Output

Parallel
                                   --D'Lay 1--
                                 /                \
Input--Buffer Splitter--<                   >--Mixer--Output
                                 \                /
                                   --D'Lay 2--

When the circuits are running in series its just like having two delay pedals one after the other.  The clean signal goes through the first delay, then the signal from that delay gets processed through the second.  When the circuits are in parallel each delay gets a clean signal and their outputs then get mixed down into one signal.  Each circuit has their own set of Time, Repeat, and Level controls.  Hope that sheds some light on it, if not, keep asking questions and I'll try to help as best as I can.

I'll add something to this old post. I designed a circuit that allows for pedals to be in series and parallel AND a control that allows for a mix of the two. You can see it here: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=23321.0
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here