News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone have a source for small fiber panels?

Started by GrindCustoms, July 27, 2016, 09:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

I thought i'd post this here since there's lots of guy that DIY bunch of things, i'm searching for small panels like.... 12x24inch 1/8-2mm thick Carbon Fiber or Graphite Fiber, the laminated stuff.

I need that stuff to build custom engine throttle body butterflys and for my R/C cars....

Thanks!

Rej

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

davent

Rej, I've a nephew-in-law who built a carbon fiber acoustic guitar, i'll see if i can get in touch with him, i usually see him at Christmas, will explore contact.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

GrindCustoms

Quote from: davent on July 27, 2016, 10:00:14 PM
Rej, I've a nephew-in-law who built a carbon fiber acoustic guitar, i'll see if i can get in touch with him, i usually see him at Christmas, will explore contact.

dave

Oh! That is quite interesting, would love to see that guitar aswell! :)

Thanks!
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

davent

Rej, quick update, six degrees of separation... my wife was messaging our niece who talked to her husband, he hasn't done any carbon fiber for a while but would like to get back into it but his dad's still playing around with carbon fiber. He thinks his dad switched suppliers but his dad is also not around at the moment but will check it out once his dad get's back.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings