News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

ross phaser

Started by cjkbug, July 28, 2011, 05:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjkbug

Here is a build of a Ross phaser with an add on board for extra stages. I etched the boards from a Tonepad layout. The two boards together took up a ton of room(bigger than would fit in a 1590bb) so after assembly, I bookended them and folded one over the other, and fixed the two together with some double sided foam tape on the backs of the lm13600's(as shown in the photo.) The layout on the extrastage board allowed a notch to be cut so the board culd fit around the led bezel. The jacks fit between the two boards, and it was fixed into the box with a few strips of double stick. A slice of adhesive backed foam on the inside of the bottom lid sandwiches everything in nice and firm. It was tricky but everything fit comfortably into a Pedal Enclosures box. I've been on a real kick building phasers,vibes, and other mod effects but this has got to be my favorite so far. With the extra stages switched in, it is a super thick, lush, almost univibe sound. at the height of the resonance control the pulse is massive. Good stuff.

I got blisters on my fingers!!!

k.rock!

Absolutely beautiful man! Love your graphic indicators. Make perfect sense to me! The pink looks super nice as well  8)

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

night-B

Your work is inspiring! This is awesome as usual, the dual pcb sandwich is really a nice trick  ;)

jimmybjj

Love the graphic indicators
Pcbs no longer available

nzCdog

:o Woah, awesome!  Love it Cory, cool idea! :)

mjcyates

Nice work! I have built a couple of those Ross Phasers from tonepad. I think they sound great. I have not done any with add on boards.

vinnie

love the way the components are arranged, the space is very well seized in this pink enclosure! :o

cjkbug

Quote from: mjcyates on July 28, 2011, 09:38:31 PM
Nice work! I have built a couple of those Ross Phasers from tonepad. I think they sound great. I have not done any with add on boards.
they do sound great. but the add on boards really deepen the phase. they can be cascaded one after another as well.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

bigmufffuzzwizz

Awesome! I've been looking at the chorus, phaser, flanger projects to get into. Used to scare me but now I can't stay away! Great job on this build BTW. This is something I've been eying for awhile and would love to hear how it sounds. I've heard the Ross Phaser is the golden egg of phasers!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

LaceSensor

very beautiful build. Love everything about it. Even the enclosure is echoing the vintage Ross (minus the recessed knobs).