News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Southhampton Fifth Gear/ EQD speaker cranker

Started by johnk, July 30, 2016, 08:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnk

I just finished this one the other day which is a Southampton fifth gear which as far as I can tell is the same as the earthquaker devices speaker cranker, the only difference on mine is that I used two germanium diodes instead of the silicon 1N60A's in the clipping section.

matmosphere

Nice! Love the etch. I'm so used to reverse being up by first, forgot it's down under fifth in a lot of cars.

Stomptown

m-Kresol

Nice one, you nailed it again.

Quote from: Matmosphere on July 30, 2016, 09:03:45 AM
I'm so used to reverse being up by first, forgot it's down under fifth in a lot of cars.

I always thought the "R" stands for "rally". You can only put it in after 5th gear at high velocities. 8)
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Timko

Try owning a 6 speed; to get to reverse you have to push down on the shifter and move it into the first position.  I own one, and everyone else in my family owns normal 5 speeds.  None of them can drive my car :).

matmosphere

my wife's Mazda is a 6-speed and that's how hers works. I've had a few VW's that are five speeds that work like that as well. I think old Volvo's had a ring that you had to pull up on to go over and up into reverse. I think it's mostly just Japan and American cars where it's under fifth.

hylandren

Man, that a super clean sharp looking build!

storyboardist

Nice work, John. Love the etch and the guts are oh so clean. 8)
Guy behind Effects Layouts

mrclean77

Man, that etch is killing me. Such a perfect job on the etch, but the idea is great - simple, yet very interesting. Nice work, sir!