News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pangea Vibe

Started by daleykd, August 04, 2016, 03:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daleykd

Some of you have already seen this in the FB group.  But for those who haven't, I'm kind of proud of this one.

"Major praise to Branislav for this Pangea Vibe PCB. I have always tried to do PCBs smaller; this time, I used one bigger than any other I've ever done. It made me feel like I was cheating when getting it in the box!

This etch was my most ambitious to date. I realize it's nothing fancy, but it's considerably larger than any previous, and I tried some portions of reverse etch. My next goal is to do some form of paint fade."

flanagan0718

This looks amazing. Love the graphics and the etch came out SUPER clean! Great job!!

Aleph Null

That's a lovely etch. Did you do any sort of final coat?

daleykd

Quote from: Aleph Null on August 04, 2016, 06:16:07 PM
That's a lovely etch. Did you do any sort of final coat?
Nah.  I'm too lazy.

Bret608

Awesome build! I am closing in on finishing one of these myself, and had definitely not thought of orienting the PCB that way within the box.

BrianS

bcalla

You're right to be proud!  That came out great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atreidesheir

Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

Stomptown

Dude, this geologist approves. That etch is seriously amazing (as is anything related to plate tectonics). 8)

daleykd

Quote from: Stomptown on August 14, 2016, 03:00:49 AM
Dude, this geologist approves. That etch is seriously amazing (as is anything related to plate tectonics). 8)
HAH!  Thanks, man.  As much as I hate doing etches, I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of it.  (Still nowhere near as good as dminner.)

I'm a bit frustrated that the classic/pulse didn't get a good enough etch, but you can't tell they're there, so it's not... awful.