News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I blame alanp (sort of)....

Started by ggarms, August 08, 2016, 08:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ggarms

It's been a while since I've checked in, and I felt the forum tug (huh?), so I figured I'd check in. As soon as I finished my Mfos soundlab mkII synth project (around a year ago?), I more or less became addicted to synth and have since been GAS'ing super hard with eurorack gear. There's plenty of DIY projects out there from companies like Bastl, hexinverter, musicthing and 4ms, so I've been busy. Pedalwise it's just been a few here and there. I've even learned how to compile firmware and flash to mutable modules (stm32 based) in preparation for an elements build (super pumped).Anyways, here's a shot of the setup, which for some reason continues getting bigger everytime I take a photo. The wood case on the top right of the eurorack stuff was on old CD rack I found at the thrift store, stripped and refinished and installed rails into. I recently finished it so I'm kinda proud (:

stringsthings

Those are awesome!  I really like the MFOS build.  Great panel and choice/color of knobs.  There's threads down in "Misc DIY Stuff" where you can keep us posted for future developments.  On the firmware side, I just ordered a cheap USBtinyISP module so I can flash an ATMega328. 

I also thank/blame alanp for pushing me into the DIY synth waters!  :)
All You Need Is Love

Leevibe

That's a big ol' pile of awesome. You should put up a video!

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

alanp

Be sure to post the picture in the "Show Us Your Synth" thread in misc diy :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

nzCdog

BrianS

Well I'll never fret over wiring a combo pedal again, LOL. You sir must have an over amount of patience and drive.  A combo pedal just about exhausts me for a day or two. Looks great.

raulduke

They call it Eurocrack for a reason don't they  ;D