Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Gristleizer (First Transmission)

Started by selfdestroyer, August 10, 2016, 09:20:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stomptown

Quote from: selfdestroyer on August 11, 2016, 07:46:52 AM
Quote from: SlaveUnit on August 11, 2016, 03:28:06 AM
Great looking build Cody. Growing up in Modesto, I know the heat that you are going through. It sucks. My parents have informed me how hot it's been up there lately.

Sounds like you made it out of here.. good for you man. I am getting close to just ditching california all toget her. haha

Quote from: Stomptown on August 11, 2016, 06:04:28 AM
That etch is sick!  I love the graphics and all that offboard wiring is impressive. I usually turn the other way when it comes to PCBs with off board pots.  BTW, do you clear coat after wet sanding?  Your reverse etches always turn out so glossy!

Thanks man, I do clear coat them. I use exclusively MTM 94 paints. They have the largest flat colors that I find are the easiest to cover and sand with light coats and not burn through my etch with wet sanding. They also make a high gloss "varnish" that works great. The paint is used mainly for graffiti artists so they have a HUGE arsenol of tips to try out.. its pretty cool. THey also have a cool smoke varnish which is a transparent black varnish. I picked up a can this week to give it a go.
http://www.montanacolors.com/webapp/spray

I would love to try the envirotex like your doing now (It looks amazing) but I am so impatient I am afraid it would be an up hill battle.

Cody

Cool. Bill have to give NTM a try.  Man they have a ton of color choices.  Seriously, don't dhy away from envirotex.  It's actually pretty easy.  I did chase runs on a few when I first started but I've been getting consistent results and I am able to walk away with confidence after poring and spreading it to edges with a Popsicle stick.  The key is under pouring and spreading IMO. 

hylandren

"It's been awhile since I built anything as the heat here in Fresno is killing me in the garage."
-Trying working in a garage in Dallas...103 again today.... Sky high humidity and not a lick of wind...

GREAT looking build, as usual!
Hurry up and try the Envirotex over your etches man! Then you can post another awesome tut showing the rest of us how to do it superbly!
If I had a nickel for every time I have given someone the link to your etching Tutorial..well, I'd have have a bunch of nickels!
8^)

lincolnic