News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Rocked it, then boxed it...now I can't rock it.

Started by tenwatt, August 04, 2011, 05:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tenwatt

So I tested these two pedals and they worked GREAT.  I boxed them and neither work.  I built them in tandem so I'm sure whatever I did wrong I did to both.  Do you guys see anything?  The LED lights but there is no sound when bypassed or engaged.

Not too bright....

the3secondrule

looks to me like the wires from the switch to the output jack are going to the ring, rather than the tip...
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

irmcdermott

looks like that's whats going on to me as well.

tenwatt

Not too bright....

the3secondrule

it was easy to spot, cos I did the exact same thing earlier today  ;D
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

dwstanford

That happens to the best of us.  Ive done some really bonehead stuff when it was late and i had a few beers in me.  Once you get the output wires connected, make sure your case is making contact with the ground on the input terminal.  I know sometimes with painted enclosures, i have to sand the arera around the input and output so that it will complete the connection.

tenwatt

Not too bright....

gtr2

I usually forget to put the IC's in their sockets...  ::)
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

bigmufffuzzwizz

I've plugged in the input/output plugs wrong on my test rig so many times. It's the worst when I'm trying to show my buddy and I get nothing. The first silent machine  ;D
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

jkokura

Because we wire the pedal 'upside down' I know it's common to switch the input and output jacks as well. This mistake, and other wiring mistakes are really easy to make, and we all do it!

I have taken to marking the inside of the enclosure with a sharpie, noting which hole is for which pot, which jack, etc.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals