News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Finally a Strymon patch editor from Strymon!

Started by selfdestroyer, August 11, 2016, 02:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

I have been following the github messages on the little patch editor that Strymon made for their flagship pedals. Today they announced their new software called Nixie. Its a full blown editor and librarian for patches. I know there is some users of strymon pedals here, me bing one (Big Sky & Timeline) and I am super excited about this.

You can download the beta here:
http://www.strymon.net/support/nixie/

I just installed it and getting my MIDI interface all configured to give it a run.

I would love to see an easy way to swap presets with people without having to do a full dump of all presets. Like a right click/export kind of thing.

Cody

daleykd

Buy me the TimeLine and BigSky, please.  :) I'll love you forever.  These are on my "I'll never have $900" list of things to buy.

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

raulduke

That looks really cool.

I love my timeline, but editing can be a little cludgy (although it is a hell of a lot better than many menu based pedals).

jkokura

I too find editing difficult, especially as when I use my Timeline and Bigsky, I'm using a Midi controller, so having multiple presets in various spots can be super challenging.

In any case, I'm gonna download this and set it up and try it out. I was planning some Pedalboard rearranging this weekend anyway.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

selfdestroyer

I got to play with it for an hour or so last night and it was really useful. I was able to keep my Timeline and Big Sky daisy-chained MIDI and set to separate channels of course and the software saw them both. I was able to make a custom "set" of programs which was really useful. It is easy to export these sets and save/share them. Being able to set toe and heel settings for each preset is really cool also. I am looking forward to watching this grow.

Cody