News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

20% off Pedal Parts Australia (closing down)

Started by chromesphere, August 15, 2016, 11:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Its a bummer to hear that Mark from Pedal Parts Australia is closing down, between him and i we had most things covered for pedal builders in Australia.  I've spoken to him regularly over the years and he's a cool dude, i was ordering from him a few years before i even started DIYGP! 
Anyway, he is moving on and its good to hear that he is enjoying a new direction.  Thought i would mention it hear as he has 20% off store wide at the moment.
(All the best Mark!)
Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

Jules

That's a bit of a shame for the Aussies, I had been thinking that they weren't restocking sold out parts though.
So Paul, Any chance of you stocking a few enclosures for those off us Down Under?

chromesphere

At this point no.  Possibly something through ebay or seperate from the store but it wont be through the store as such.  The reason is long and boring but its logistical issues. Im quite time poor at the moment so im not looking at expanding at this point.

Jules

No Worries Paul, Thanks.
Ps - My 2nd Son was born last Wednesday so yeah, time poor. I understand.

chromesphere

Congrats Jules!  Hope mum / bub are well?? 

Yes, there are only so many hours in a day :)

Jules

Muadzin

You had me worried there for a moment, Paul. At first I thought you were closing down.

Adam_DIY

Quote from: Muadzin on August 16, 2016, 08:46:29 AM
You had me worried there for a moment, Paul. At first I thought you were closing down.

Me too I've used Paul's site a few times now and the service has been awesome.

Willybomb

Pedalpartsaustralia pretty much had the biggest and cheapest selection of enclosures online in Australia as far as I could see.  I'm going to miss them.

chromesphere

Thanks guys, dont worry, i'm not going anywhere, not in the short term anyway!

bamslam69

Hi Paul, are there any other places in Australia you recommend for parts? namely pots?
I'd buy off you, but you only carry one size!
There's always a few pots missing off my shopping list that Tayda don't have.
3 pots a grand total under $6, and they want $16 to post here. Crazy.

chromesphere

$16 to post??  That cant be right, tayda shipping is cheap. Just did a test with 20 x 9mm pots, $4 registered or $14 express.  Maybe you were looking at express post?  If your in a hurry to get 3 pots, i dont think there will be an option aside from going down to jaycar and "rolling the dice" with what they have in stock.  They have 9mm 16mm and 24mm pots in limited values.

Willybomb

Damn, I've missed out on stocking up on the DD enclosures!

The local Jaycar can be limited in the shafts they have too.  You might end up with 50mm long if you leave it to them to supply (has happened to me on multiple occasions when I've dropped in and placed an order..)

bamslam69

Ah, my mistake. I meant small bear shipping prices, not tayda.

Yes, Jaycar is the handy backup, and lucky for me they are only a block away from work.

Willybomb

Any recommendations for cheap enclosures in Australia, specifically DD?  Tayda only have up to BB, and Jaycar's are around $30...