News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Double the meat(box)

Started by icecycle66, August 17, 2016, 05:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icecycle66

I'll have to do a demo and side-by-side at some point. I've been trying to focus more on writing music lately than working with pedals, but I may need a break now that I can rumble your guts from anywhere on the planet.

Right off the bat, they sound pretty nearly identical.  Any difference i hear is probably because I've been playing my vintage unit so long it obeys my mental commands.

http://imgur.com/a/fC6CD

Muadzin

Sweet! If you're going to do a vid, be sure to use a looper. That way the exact same riff played the exact same way with the exact same time can be used to test these boxes. Plus you'll have your hands free to twiddle knobs. ;)

Aleph Null

This is on my short list for "to buy". You know it's got to be good if it comes with a warning label!

stecykmi

cool, i had no idea there were multiple versions. what does the "old skool" one have for control labels? while fun, the lack of descriptiveness on the FET switching type's controls is frustrating.

but most people just use it with all the knobs at 10 anyway.

icecycle66

The one on the right is the recent reissue.

The old style control scheme is - meat, rump, flank, and lbs.
They correspond to the new version controls - octave, sub, low, and output.

stecykmi

Quote from: icecycle66 on August 18, 2016, 04:17:07 PM
The one on the right is the recent reissue.

The old style control scheme is - meat, rump, flank, and lbs.
They correspond to the new version controls - octave, sub, low, and output.

oh i have it backwards, didn't know they were reissued.

icecycle66

Oh yeah.   We bassists havebeen screaming at "DigitechRep" over at Talkbass for years about this and the bass whammy.  They've really come through for us lately.