News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Current Lover (thin) issue

Started by John S, August 18, 2016, 05:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John S

I'm having trouble getting my Current Lover circuit to work. I haven't even gotten to calibrate it yet. After connecting to amp and guitar I'm not getting any sound (maybe a tiny bit) but LED 2 is on. I jumpered the loop tip pads and put a 47k in R1
Schenkenstein custom effects. Check out the page on Facebook.

BrianS

You're getting no pass thru with it off? Make sure you have your in/out wires from the board and jacks correct. Someone is going to ask you to post pictures and voltages on ICs/transistors so you might as well get that going. 

John S

I do get sound when it's bypassed. I'll measure tonight.

darrenw6000

I'm having a distortion issue. I hear the flanging  but there is an overlay of distortion. All my voltages check out. I'm a bit stumped on this 1

John S

Stomptown

It looks like you have the wiring wrong.  The S (send) and R (return) pads at the bottom of the PCB are the PCB "in" and "out" respectively.  The I and O pads at the bottom are used to route the 1/4 jacks from the the top to bottom of the PCB so you don't have to use as much wire and have a cleaner looking build. If I've done a poor job of explaining follow the PCB trace in the build doc from J1 T and you will see it goes straight to the I pad. Same goes for J2 T and O.

John S

That makes perfect sense. I'll switch them and report back. Thanks

John S

Would someone mind checking out my voltages that I posted. I got some questionable readings. Thanks

sharp

Voltages looks OK to me. Only pin3 (input) of mn3007 way off, but it is a question of proper biasing. As well as pins 7-8 (output)
pins 12-13 of cd4013 is unused in current lover, so their voltages doesn't matter

John S

darrenw6000

Had enough of trying to debug.

John S

Mine is working fine now. Thanks for the help.

John S

Quote from: darrenw6000 on August 19, 2016, 09:19:57 PM
Had enough of trying to debug. I wouldn't mind a refund I'm fu king pissed off
Are you getting the flanging effect with distortion? Have you calibrated the trimmers? Are you using high output pickups?

darrenw6000

There is a flange but also sounds like it's clipping. I have biased it ok as I've made a couple of these last year exactly the same way with no trouble and I'm using single coils

selfdestroyer

Quote from: darrenw6000 on August 19, 2016, 09:19:57 PM
Had enough of trying to debug. I wouldn't mind a refund I'm fu king pissed off

I definitely understand your frustration, but I would really add these issues to your already open "Tech Help" thread. This way it will be easier to track your problems and help you narrow it down. Hope you get it going!

Cody