News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tayda to offer laser engraving? (amongst other services)

Started by electrosonic, August 24, 2016, 07:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

That really looks quite good.  I'll have a couple of enclosures done when it's ready to go and see how it works out.

The alignment of the etch is particularly good.  I hope they can hold that.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

BuGG

These were done on the stock Tayda powdercoated enclosures, so the quality is similar.  They were each individually bubble wrapped before shipping however, so they don't have the scuff marks that commonly occur in shipping these.  Overall these are just as good, if not better than some I've gotten from the other guys.   The powdercoat station should be up and running any day now, so more colors will be available.

The two Daydreams were submitted in vectored PDF format, the AP-1 was submitted as a bitmap... just to judge the quality/performance of each.   The vectored graphics obviously did slightly better, but both are absolutely acceptable.     

These were both aligned by hand and turned out excellent but I was told a jig has been ordered to guarantee accuracy and speed up the process.

As for cost, until the service is officially launched I do not know...  I think that is still in the works.    The price that was mentioned to me is absolutely affordable and competes with what I'm currently paying for UV printing.

daleykd

Quote from: BuGG on August 31, 2016, 11:21:27 AM
The price that was mentioned to me is absolutely affordable and competes with what I'm currently paying for UV printing.
Mind if I ask where you get your UV printing done?  I'd kill to find one locally in Dallas, but it doesn't need to be.

BuGG

I get all of my printing done by Pedal Parts Plus.  I believe they're in Hammond, Louisiana.

One of these days I'm going to try Mammoth, I've heard the horror stories but have also heard success stories as well.  I've never had a problem with anything I ordered from them.

sturgeo

Keeping an eagle eye on this, i need to spend a significant amount of money on my laser to upgrade it but if these are reasonably priced and with results like those I'll be having 2nd thoughts! UV printing is definitely an attractive option, i've had some done in the past but the minimum quantities, expensive shipping and import taxes make it hard to justify.

sturgeo

I've recently ordered 1 of the white 1590BB enclosures, far better than what i've received in the past, i've ordered a few more to check consistency.

I've also noticed this evening that some additional colours have been added, the blue looks nice  :)

Boba7

That's quite amazingly cheap... Polished or colored enclosure at that price!

I did get a really crappy white enclosure from them a while ago. Some of the black ones weren't perfect either. But the polished ones I received are really perfect.

add4

Would someone have news about their printing service?
price/date/anything?

beneharris

Bump for this. Anybody have any recent news? I haven't seen anything come up on their website.