News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Moodring + modulation (video added)

Started by Boba7, August 27, 2016, 08:04:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boba7

I'm really glad you're building it! :)

Don't forget to change R31 to 10k, it works better in my experience with the modulation (when you switch on the modulation you need a bit more feedback than without)

And I still LOVE this reverb and really need to finish the enclosure properly!

Have fun!

blearyeyes

That is beautiful!

I have a Moodring board and a modulation board. MUST BUILD!!

Dminner

Boba7

Thanks guys!!

Just a precision: the modulation doesnt really work until the predelay is around 8 or 9 o'clock on the pot. If it's shorter, say in the first 5th of the rotation, it doesnt work (not enough delaytime to modulate I guess. Or maybe it comes from the modulation circuit itself)
But it's actually a good thing since having a little predelay with a modulated reverb is great! It helps preserve the dry tone.

I keep playing it and so I cant find the time to take it apart and finish it! :)

And now the 2nd footswith engages the modulation and the toggleswith has been replaced by a rate led for modulation.

Hval

Really inspiring build!! (buildS, if i consider also the dirtbaby)
In the next few days, when i have all the components, i'll begin to populate my boards, with the hope to make something as good as yours!
Kudos to you  ;D

lego4040

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone. Man I've been away to long but it seems there has been some nice new additional mods to this circuit. I've dusted off the hot iron and I'm ready to continue building this beast

Boba7

Glad you like it!

I really really enjoy this reverb with the added modulation.
If you do it don't forget to socket R31 (feedback). With the modulation engaged, you want a bit more feedback.

Also, a couple weeks ago I changed C11 to 470pf, to get an even brighter sound with the tone pot maxed.

cajone5

Quote from: Boba7 on September 22, 2016, 08:57:32 PM
Thanks guys!!

Just a precision: the modulation doesnt really work until the predelay is around 8 or 9 o'clock on the pot. If it's shorter, say in the first 5th of the rotation, it doesnt work (not enough delaytime to modulate I guess. Or maybe it comes from the modulation circuit itself)
But it's actually a good thing since having a little predelay with a modulated reverb is great! It helps preserve the dry tone.

I keep playing it and so I cant find the time to take it apart and finish it! :)

And now the 2nd footswith engages the modulation and the toggleswith has been replaced by a rate led for modulation.

Building a new and improved one of these and am digging around to figure out how to add the modulation rate LED. Do you mind sharing how you wired that up? I saw someone say rate pot lug 3 with a resister (2.7k to LED + leg to ground. Is that what you did?

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=23518.0

Boba7

No it was pin 7 of the lfo IC (or pin 1 or 3 of the depth pot, can't remember, the one that goes to pin7 of the IC anyways), with a 1k to the led, and another 1k in parallel with the led (otherwise you don't see the pulse as well)

lego4040

Sounds great man, you can sit and play for hours and tap new sounds. I just got my moodring working so next are the mods

cajone5

Got my revised one built up over the weekend with even more control over the modulation and it really sounds awesome thanks to your suggestions.  Will get a build thread up soon.

Boba7

Quote from: cajone5 on April 17, 2017, 11:58:57 AM
Got my revised one built up over the weekend with even more control over the modulation and it really sounds awesome thanks to your suggestions.  Will get a build thread up soon.

I can't wait to see it!!

I found that lowering C11 to 470pf allowed for a brighter reverb sound (I also changed the tone section a bit)

cajone5

I swapped the feedback resistor and C11 per your notes.  Definitely plenty bright now and works great with the mods.  The tone knob is great and goes from pretty dark to very bright and in your face which is kind of fun with the added modulation.  The rate LED for the mod worked perfectly per your notes as well.

Boba7

Quote from: cajone5 on April 17, 2017, 01:43:42 PM
I swapped the feedback resistor and C11 per your notes.  Definitely plenty bright now and works great with the mods.  The tone knob is great and goes from pretty dark to very bright and in your face which is kind of fun with the added modulation.  The rate LED for the mod worked perfectly per your notes as well.

Awesome! Glad I could help!

bramofon

Just ordered my Moodring board and I'm really looking forward to this. Thanks for the reports here. They will be very handy. One note about the video, I'm running Safari on macOS 10.12.3 and the video link does not show up in the thread. Had to get out my devel tools and dig through the code to find the video. :)