News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Freakout!

Started by Stomptown, August 29, 2016, 12:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stomptown

Here is a Freakout finished a while back.  Definitely a cool circuit and a nice addition to the collection. Initially I boxed it with a bare etch and after  a few weeks I took it apart and decided to paint, wet sand and give it a grungy look by sanding the enclosure at an angle with a 100 grit sand paper.  I boxed it back up and was happy with it until I started working with envirotex. Long story short, the guts came out again!

m-Kresol

nice work. very clean too.

what font is that on the "freakout" sign?
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Jebus

BrianS

Looks really nice.  I believe that is the cleanest pedal inside I have ever seen.

Stomptown

Quote from: m-Kresol on August 29, 2016, 12:41:13 AM
nice work. very clean too.

what font is that on the "freakout" sign?

Unfortunately it's not a font.  It was a drawing I found on the Google.

Boba7

It is clean indeed! And it looks just amazing.

I'm totally blown away by what you guys are all building these days, it's truly beautiful. 

How are you enjoying the circuit? I got a pcb recently, don't know when I'll find the time to build it though.

selfdestroyer

Really love the grungy look you nailed it. The knobs also look fantastic on there.

Cody

Stomptown

Quote from: selfdestroyer on August 29, 2016, 09:40:33 AM

The knobs also look fantastic on there.

Cody

Thanks! I found them at the local Frys Electronics for the low price of $100! 😜

selfdestroyer

Quote from: Stomptown on August 29, 2016, 09:54:28 AM

Cody

Wh..what?

Stomptown

Quote from: selfdestroyer on August 29, 2016, 10:13:25 AM
Quote from: Stomptown on August 29, 2016, 09:54:28 AM

Cody

Wh..what?

Lol. I don't know why but I can't seem to hold back when I see cool knobs.  Even if I end up paying 3 times what I should...

beneharris

That envirotex pour looks really good! I need to work on getting my edges to turn out like that.

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Stomptown

Quote from: Boba7 on August 29, 2016, 08:31:37 AM
It is clean indeed! And it looks just amazing.

I'm totally blown away by what you guys are all building these days, it's truly beautiful. 

How are you enjoying the circuit? I got a pcb recently, don't know when I'll find the time to build it though.

It's a pretty cool pedal and straight forward as far as controls and usability is concerned.  It doesn't work well with chords as one might expect but it's a lot of fun to tune it to a specific note and build around that. It's my first ring mod build so I'm not sure how it compares to other projects, but it's definitely worth the build.

Boba7

Yeah, I used to have the Fairfield Circuitry ring mod, which was amazing, but I couldn't justify keeping it. But it'd be nice to have a ring mod around, so I figured that the Freakout was the best option!

Adam_DIY

Looks epic.  Is the entire enclosure covered in envirotex or just the top.  I have a box here I ordered a few weeks ago and haven't felt brave enough to try it yet.