News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NOD

Started by Leevibe, September 01, 2016, 08:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leevibe

Some of you followed my acquisition and modding of a 1956 Hammond M3 organ in this thread a couple years ago. Well, as cool as that "Baby B3" was, my buddy offered me the opportunity to trade it (Leslie not included) back to him in exchange for a project Hammond C2, so I went for it.

The C2 is functionally identical to the B3, except that it doesn't have percussion. If you don't already know, with Hammond tonewheel organs, "percussion" is referring to a chirpy harmonic on the note attack. It's not the cheesy drum and rhythm stuff on your grandma's Lowery organ.

So the cool part is that, although this one doesn't currently have an amp in it, my friend gave me an AO-29 amp out of an M3. The AO-29 has the percussion amp section built in. And he gave me a set of M3 percussion switches. He also knows how to get it all hooked up and working, so he'll be able to guide me through that daunting process.

When all is said and done, I will have what will functionally be a C3. The C3 is a B3 in a church style cabinet. I'm excited!! I'll start a thread in DIY when I get started on it. This is going to be fun.  8)

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

galaxiex

Awesome!

....and envious!
I have been lusting after a Hammond and Leslie for a long time...

Currently trying to obtain some kind of rotating speaker for guitar. (Fender Vibratone, Yamaha RA-100 etc...)

Best of luck with the project. Looks like fun!  :)
Fear leads to Anger, Anger leads to Hate, Hate leads to Suffering.

Adam_DIY

I'd love to have a go on a Hammond I've never played one.

bcalla

What a great find!  Nothing beats that sound.

alanp

I don't know how to play one, or what on God's green earth is going on side it (other than spinning wheels), but I want one.

Finding one in NZ for less than ten grand is most likely in the rocking-horse sh!t category, though.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Leevibe

I finally posted the promised WIP for anyone interested.