News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Small Clone PCB

Started by Guybrush, September 05, 2016, 09:48:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guybrush

Hi all

I have suddenly had the desire to build a copy of the EHX Small Clone. I would ideally like to build it like the original one knob, one switch EHX original but I'm struggling to find a PCB. I've found the Baja version but this replaces the depth switch with a 2nd pot.

Is anyone aware of a project that fits the bill?

Thanks in advance!

m-Kresol

There's also stomptown's version of it, the Pennyroyale chorus. It features the depth pot too, though. If you have the schematic of the original it would be easy to replace the pot with a ON/ON switch and two resistors with any of those projects.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Guybrush

Quote from: m-Kresol on September 05, 2016, 10:00:44 AM
There's also stomptown's version of it, the Pennyroyale chorus. It features the depth pot too, though. If you have the schematic of the original it would be easy to replace the pot with a ON/ON switch and two resistors with any of those projects.

Thank you very much. I will check that out though I'm awful with schematics and it's beyond my sills to replace parts at the moment. Thank you for the suggetion though!

Stomptown

I don't think there is a fabbed PCB out there without the depth mod, however it would be pretty easy to mod any available PCB to use the switch instead of the pot. Here is the breakdown:

Parts:
1 - spst switch (spdt will also work)
1 - 4k7
1 - 2k7

A. Populate the 4k7 across depth pot pads 3 and 2 on the PCB (don't solder pad 2 yet)
B. Connect one side of the 2k7 to pad 2 and the other side to one of the spst lugs (now you can solder pad 2)
C. Connect other spst lug to pad 1

Guybrush

Quote from: Stomptown on September 05, 2016, 11:10:53 AM
I don't think there is a fabbed PCB out there without the depth mod, however it would be pretty easy to mod any available PCB to use the switch instead of the pot. Here is the breakdown:

Parts:
1 - 4k7
1 - 2k7

A. Populate the 4k7 across depth pot pads 3 and 2 on the PCB (don't solder pad 2 yet)
B. Connect one side of the 2k7 to pad 2 and the other side to one of the spst lugs (now you can solder pad 2)

Thank you! That's really helpful! So just to confirm there would be 2 resistor legs (one from each resitor) in pad 2?

Thanks again!

m-Kresol

Quote from: Guybrush on September 05, 2016, 11:20:10 AM

Parts:
1 - 4k7
1 - 2k7

Thank you! That's really helpful! So just to confirm there would be 2 resistor legs (one from each resitor) in pad 2?

Thanks again!

that's how I would read it.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

jimilee

Parts:
1 - 4k7
1 - 2k7

I think Barry has one, the mini me maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Stomptown

Quote from: Guybrush on September 05, 2016, 11:20:10 AM

Parts:
1 - 4k7
1 - 2k7

Thanks again!

You got it!

jtaormina

I built one from tonepad. The pcbs are kinda low quality but they work fine if you take it easy on the traces.