News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DBA "Armageddon"

Started by Lubdar, September 05, 2016, 08:38:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lubdar

Heh you guys know me by now and my love for DBA and my quest for Armageddon.
I've built some workalikes based on my knowledge of DBA designs and following the Fuzz war timeline.  I may never know what is exactly inside the pedal, but I've built up 6 of them i'll be putting on eBay later today.

This is basically my modified take on the DBA Apocalypse with a footswitchable filter.
6 fuzz stages (bypass, muff, reverse beta, bandpass filter, octave, and 741 speaker ripper), frequency tuneable low Q notch filter and Tilt Filter.

These are the only 6 I'll ever make of this pedal with this artwork (I'm trying to cover some vet bills)  I've gained a good bit of knowledge with this project and look forward to working with the general principle in future designs. 

Best,
   Lubdar
(--c^.^)--c

m-Kresol

wow, amazing work on the in- and outside. more importantly, it sounds really good on all settings.
I really dig the white on red and orange on black versions.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Lubdar

Thanks man!
I gotta say the white on red really clicks with me with the whole knob and ink combination. I left off the chord setting with the octave stage, since it just sounds like a mess (which may or may not be what someone is going for) but the tweakability makes it nice for single notes.

Its hard to tell from the pictures, but its supposed to be copper sparkle on black sparkle, but it definitely has a Halloween vibe to it :)
(--c^.^)--c

alanp

Interesting PCB Fuzzdog-style layout. Personally I'd rather wire stomp switches and jacks than everything else, but that's me.

Beautiful work, and I hope those vet bills go away for you :(
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Lubdar

Heh thanks Alan! I'm with you 100% on the wiring.
This was a pcb i did before I decided to board mount pots. my off-board wiring is terrible and it makes much more sense for me to have pots mounted to the pcb.
I think I've worked out a solution for separate pcbs for the effect and daughter board when a/b switching is required, but i'll have to test it out after the move.
(--c^.^)--c

beneharris

Wow that is super impressive! It is amazing to me how many different stages you have built into this. Seriously, awesome job.

Lubdar

Heh thanks! Variety is the spice of life 😀 but I can't take all the credit, dba did their attempt and I just took it from there.
(--c^.^)--c

lincolnic

This is super impressive all around. I'm sure you'll sell them fast!