News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New Hammond Enclosure / VFE Pedals Kickstarter

Started by playpunk, September 08, 2016, 06:40:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

playpunk

I recently saw this kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vfepedals/vfe-pedals-new-pedal-line-educational-kit

Pedals look cool, very functional. Most interesting, though, is the new hammond enclosure size, which has the same footprint as a 1590b, but is taller for TOP MOUNTED JACKS.

That's right, I said TOP MOUNTED JACKS

TOP MOUNTED JACKS

Not that anyone round these parts like jacks on the top.
"my legend grows" - playpunk

Muadzin

There seem to be a lot of people here with exceptionally wide feet. Which if you think about it, what is the point of using a small box for a small footprint if you're not going to take advantage from it? Might as well use a big huge ass EHX/DBA style box instead.

Anyway, good for VFE. We hunger for more pedals with top mounted jacks. Slowly but surely its dawning on the makers that pedals with top mounts really are more pedal board efficient.

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

flanagan0718

sonnyboy27

Quote from: culturejam on September 08, 2016, 11:47:20 AM
That guy is so smart it pisses me off.  ;D

Seconded. Anyone else get unreasonably excited when he released his schems?

jkokura

Yeah, I really like VFE stuff conceptually. He's usually pushing things the right direction, and I like his style.

Remember when he did that huge monstrous build thing that was all programmable and everything, and he made the first one for a giveaway? Dude's good stuff for sure.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jposega

Those pedals sound damn useful, especially the tilt EQ.

Jules

150$ for 24 of the enclosures is not a bad deal, I would seriously consider buying some if I wasn't from Australia. The shipping fee to Aus would be hideous.

Aristatertotle

Quote from: Jules on September 09, 2016, 04:54:47 AM
150$ for 24 of the enclosures is not a bad deal, I would seriously consider buying some if I wasn't from Australia. The shipping fee to Aus would be hideous.

I was wondering what shipping would be for that option, because with the $9 for one enclosure it's $3 but with the 24 enclosure option it didn't show a shipping fee at all, even when I changed the countries. So maybe it's free shipping for that?

gordo

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

VFEpedals

Quote from: Jules on September 09, 2016, 04:54:47 AM

Yes, it's almost $100 USD to ship 24 enclosures to Australia from the USA. You should contact your local Hammond distributor, so they are aware of the upcoming enclosure size and will hopefully stock it.
Peter Rutter
VFE Pedals
IDEA High School
peter@vfecustom.com

VFEpedals

I was wondering what shipping would be for that option, because with the $9 for one enclosure it's $3 but with the 24 enclosure option it didn't show a shipping fee at all, even when I changed the countries. So maybe it's free shipping for that?
[/quote]

Shipping will be added later, as noted in the $150 reward level description. I did this to save you money - charging a flat rate by country would only work if I charged everyone on the high end of the shipping cost range. To get a shipping estimate, go to https://postcalc.usps.com - enter the shipping destination (shipping from zip code 98354, if asked), select "Package", and put in a shipping weight of 12 pounds. These specs are estimates, but should give you a ballpark estimate of the shipping cost.
Peter Rutter
VFE Pedals
IDEA High School
peter@vfecustom.com

madbean

Oh boy...VFE is here. Quick everyone hide!

(I keed I keed. Welcome to the forum Peter!)

Aristatertotle

Obviously I was too distracted by the pretty pedals to actually read the description.  ;)

mmlee

I probably shouldn't post because I haven't read any of the above posts or the link [emoji14]

Buuutttt, isn't there already a taller 1590b, i think it is 1590bs (or maybe I'm talking bs)

Marcus
>Marcus