News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NIB - Bass pedal

Started by juansolo, September 08, 2016, 08:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JC103

Looks pretty cool! Is the Omar based on anything in particular?

thesameage

I bought that big Omar out of the classifieds.

juansolo

Quote from: JC103 on October 18, 2017, 09:38:53 AM
Looks pretty cool! Is the Omar based on anything in particular?

Ish. It's ye olde FET booster, but we've made it like a silicon version of the baby boobtube. They're so close sounding it's scary.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

PhilKing

Quote from: thesameage on October 14, 2017, 10:50:37 PM
Juan,
Any advice now that this has been out in the wild for a year. I'd the Omar good on bass?

It's a great pedal for bass.  The compressor and Omar are excellent and the envelope follower allows you to get Geezer's NIB sound perfectly (shame I'm playing in a blues/R&B band  ;))

thesameage

Thanks for the report! I have my diamond board in the Omar's on the way. I have that envelope and don't love it for my playing.  I'm wondering what else I should add. Thinking of maybe a Civil War muff after the Omar.

juansolo

Quote from: thesameage on October 20, 2017, 06:00:31 AM
Thanks for the report! I have my diamond board in the Omar's on the way. I have that envelope and don't love it for my playing.  I'm wondering what else I should add. Thinking of maybe a Civil War muff after the Omar.

I'd put Omar after a muff. There's so much clipping going on in there it won't make much of an impact on it. However afterwards it will.

thesameage

So much clipping in the Omar or in the muff?

juansolo

The muff clips, no clipping in Omar, that's fet distortion.

thesameage

Nice.  I have been playing a lot of muffs lately and am not super exited about the. Anyway. Just not what I'm looking for.