News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Stomptown's Stairway to Eleven Tonebender MK II (NPN)

Started by Jakes Dad, September 09, 2016, 07:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jakes Dad

Just finished up this jewel.  Got to hurry up and get this post finished so I can get back to playing with it.  Osh Park board in a Pedal Parts Plus Pewter Vein 1590BB, I think the Chicken Heads are from Small Bear as are most of the other parts.  Trannies are a pair of 2N1304s (Hfe around 80 and 95) in Q1 and Q2 and an AC130 (Hfe 125) in Q3 - no idea what the leakage is but they must be about right.  Sweet spot with the bias between gritty treble and flabby bass is right at 7.43 v.

Outside:

And the guts:

matmosphere

Stomptown

Looks great!  8) It makes me happy to see someone put the layout to good use.

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Mich P

Nice build, this thing still my favorite dirt
since a while now.
Mich P.

alanp

I spy with my little eye, countersinking :)

Nice work!

Why is it that fuzzes tend to make people do the 1590BB / two knob thing?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Jakes Dad

Quote from: alanp on September 10, 2016, 04:31:43 AM
I spy with my little eye, countersinking :)

Nice work!

Why is it that fuzzes tend to make people do the 1590BB / two knob thing?
Alan,

I already have Jon's outstanding 1590A version of the MK II (Black Magic) and I felt a need for something a little easier on my eyes.  Jon's BoM says this one is designed for slanted enclosures that were floating around a couple years ago that seem to be rare now.  From a sound perspective this one really only needs two knobs (actually five and a switch if you count the way it interacts with my Strat) and the BB box allows the sound to fully mature before it goes out ;)

Chuck

Stomptown

Yeah, this was actually a project I put together for MitchP for the slanted enclosures MacWalker sells over at Diystomboxes but with the 1590BB in mind as well.  I think he does sell an updated version of the slanted enclosures but I'm not positive. Good catch with the countersunk LED Alan.  I'm a huge fan of countersinking. Total eye candy!

matmosphere

It's a good thing you didn't paint it green, you might not ever be allowed to touch it