News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Re: 2N3565

Started by K3yPr0gg3r, September 07, 2016, 12:37:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K3yPr0gg3r

Hi,

I'm doing a fairly big component buy in the next couple of days for builds I'll be working on in the near future, and I want to make sure I don't waste $ on stuff I don't need. This is taken from the Deadpool build doc. "I strongly recommend purchasing the 2N3565 transistors from SmallBear." SB's 2N3565 look like pic1. The etch is set up for this type, pic2. Which do I purchase?

Thanks,

Stomptown

I've used both versions for harmonic perc builds and could not tell the difference. However, I would not buy PN3565s from Tayda or eBay. Tayda is known to sell transistors that are out of spec and Ebay... ::)

K3yPr0gg3r

I've found 2 options. A company called Talon Elec.has 2N3565/PN3565 for $0.55 each. However, they show a blank transistor for the pic. Well Gain Elec. has them, (brand name Sprague), for $3.30 each, and I can read 2N3565 on the transistor pic itself. Is there any problems with this brand, or is it the Maserati of transistors that's why so expensive?

Thanks

K3yPr0gg3r

Thank you, Mike. I've purchased a lot from them...duh. Don't know why I didn't check out their site. Ok..problem solved!

Thank you again

flanagan0718

No problem. I would order a bunch and build a wolfshirt while you are at it! Great sub octave fuzz. Uses the same transistors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk