News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Small clone for 1590a in SMD

Started by Rootz, September 13, 2016, 01:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m-Kresol

Quote from: Rootz on November 22, 2016, 04:34:59 AM
Boards are in! But guess what: I'm on a vacation coming week, so soldering time starts first week of December...

you make going on vacation sounding like a bad thing... ;D
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Rootz

Haha not a bad thing, just lousy timing...

wgc

Looks great! paypal on yellow alert...
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Rootz

Haha sure, I'll keep one reserved for you wgc. Any news on the Triple Wreck I sent you yet?

icecycle66

Quote from: Rootz on November 22, 2016, 04:34:59 AM
Boards are in! But guess what: I'm on a vacation coming week, so soldering time starts first week of December...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have any of those laying around when you're done I'll be glad to take them off your hands.

Rootz

Sure! But first let's see if they actually work and how everything fits together outside Sketchup  ;)

Rootz

wgc

Had to order a few parts but they haven't arrived yet. So Triple wreck is next build after the two other builds in process, but it looks really great and can't wait to put it together. 

I also have a remake pcb on order for a dan miner build that has been in process for quite some time- worked great outside of the box, but had to modify to get it to fit and then it oscillated. It will bump the triple wreck if it shows up soon, but that's a quick build.  Hasn't been quick to do the crammage and troubleshooting into the enclosure though. 

Regardless, I'm really excited about the stuff in process and in cue right now...
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Rootz

Finally had time and all parts that were still missing. Finished this small small clone clone tonight and guess what: it works perfectly from the first power on! Of course I first tested the voltage doubler board alone and in combination with the main board without BBD after that. Voltages were as expected: 19.5 V for the main board and 14 V regulated for the clock and MN3007.

I only made one very stupid mistake. The pots are both backwards. Good grief, why didn't I simulate the pot orientation in ltspice...

It was already pretty late when I tested the SC, so tomorrow I will turn up the volume a bit to hear how this one sounds. I really really liked what I heard even on low volume.

Now time to box this one up and work on a revised version with the pots in the right orientation. This remains a WIP...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icecycle66