News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Equinox II Reverb

Started by storyboardist, September 14, 2016, 05:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

storyboardist

Wrapped this one up last night and I'm really pleased with how it turned out. It's a Valve Wizard Equinox II reverb. Instead of a Belton brick most DIY digital reverbs use, this one uses 2, PT2399s set to different short delay times and is set up for tails (which isn't as useful in a reverb as a delay imho, but still cool). Honestly it sounds much better than I expected, and has more depth than the last Belton brick-based reverb I made. Layout's from my blog, btw. Had a friend who does calligraphy do the lettering and it came out really nicely.

Guy behind Effects Layouts

chordball

Looks slick man! Very classy.

selfdestroyer

Super clean! Love the typography on it. Big knob for the win!

Cody

Willybomb

I've got one of these ready to be boxed.  I found it to be a useful reverb, not particularly over the top.

flanagan0718

Big knob, big washer, and I'm assuming big sound! Looks great, the more verb the better!

-Mike-

mrclean77

Very nice build - I love the huge knob and nice lettering by your friend. If anything is gonna push me to pop my etching cherry, it's gonna be your blog.

storyboardist

Thanks guys! Meant to make a little demo of it last night but need to steal my SM57 back from a friend of mine. haha Maybe tonight.

Quote from: mrclean77 on September 14, 2016, 04:24:38 PM
Very nice build - I love the huge knob and nice lettering by your friend. If anything is gonna push me to pop my etching cherry, it's gonna be your blog.

Do it! Etchers have more fun! Back me up here, Mike and Cody!

selfdestroyer

Quote from: storyboardist on September 15, 2016, 07:48:01 AM
Thanks guys! Meant to make a little demo of it last night but need to steal my SM57 back from a friend of mine. haha Maybe tonight.

Do it! Etchers have more fun! Back me up here, Mike and Cody!

AGREED!

stringsthings

Go for it! 

It took me some time to get the courage to try etching and now I'm totally addicted.  The results are just so satisfying.  Materials are affordable and easy to find.  My one tip to the process:  use a sanding block and wet/dry sandpaper in various grits.  A block gets your surfaces nice and flat, and wet/dry sandpaper ( with water and a bit of dish soap ) cuts the aluminum smoothly and evenly.

And with reverse etches, you can get lettering against a dark background. 
All You Need Is Love

storyboardist

Recorded a quick little demo with this thing. Still really impressed with this thing for being 2, PT2399s.

Gibson SG Jr thing (started its life as a broken SG Melody Maker I fixed and modified into Junior territory) into the Equinox, straight into a red Vox AC4C1.

Coda-effects

Very cool and good sounding build!
I really like the minimalist design and the one BIG knob