News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lab Series Preamp

Started by bcalla, September 18, 2016, 11:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcalla

I finally figured out why I was getting no compression and re-calibrated the trim pots.  Now I have the opposite problem, but I plan to spend more time calibrating to see if I can find a happy medium.  In any case, here it is.  (Even I can make the interior neat when there are daughterboards for all the connections.)

Droogie

Great job and glad you got it sorted! I like the colors to differentiate the channels/master, etc.

Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

m-Kresol

nailed it! color knobs are a nice touch indeed
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

rmfroyd

Holy Moly that is awesome.  Love the knob colors

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

galaxiex

Fear leads to Anger, Anger leads to Hate, Hate leads to Suffering.

bcalla

Thanks, guys.  Matching the channel knobs to the LED color was my idea, but thanks to Mike Flanagan for finding them for me at Small Bear.

Feral Feline

@bcalla

I like how you differentiated the channels, as well as the master and comp — and I especially like the AC warning!

Questions, por favor:

What size enclosure did you use?

How much room is left between the large electrolytic caps and the lip of the enclosure?

I've just received my PCB for this build, but need to go with Top-Mount jacks.

I like Hammond enclosures but can't find a suitable candidate, 2" of the 1590X seems excessive, but there's probably no way to fit even Lumberg jacks top-mounted into a 1590XX:
1790NS 38mm
1590XX 35mm
1590X   52mm

Thanks in advance,
FF

dbp512

Best of luck trying to get top mounted jacks in this, feline. As much as I love (ok, am obsessed with) top mounted jacks, I figured trying to make it would would be a total pain, in an already complicated circuit. I'd like to know if you can pull it off, without resorting to an enclosure thats ridiculously tall. That would give me hope of at least managing to fit top mounted jacks in electric druids slightly less complicated circuits.
"you truly are a transistor tickler, what with the application of germanium ointment to sensitive fuzzy areas. :)" - playpunk

warriorpoet

Man, that is such an impressive beast. Great job with the labels! Love it!
Mzo.FX, Owner

bluescage

bcalla

Quote from: Feral Feline on December 12, 2016, 04:51:38 PM

What size enclosure did you use?  1790NS

How much room is left between the large electrolytic caps and the lip of the enclosure?  I didn't measure, but there was plenty of clearance

I've just received my PCB for this build, but need to go with Top-Mount jacks.  I almost always look for a way to fit in top-mounts, but I didn't want to take the chance with this one.

madbean

That looks awesome! I've got mine about 75% done. It's a monster build.

Feral Feline

Quote from: bcalla on December 13, 2016, 06:16:13 AM
Quote from: Feral Feline on December 12, 2016, 04:51:38 PM

What size enclosure did you use?  1790NS

How much room is left between the large electrolytic caps and the lip of the enclosure?  I didn't measure, but there was plenty of clearance

I've just received my PCB for this build, but need to go with Top-Mount jacks.  I almost always look for a way to fit in top-mounts, but I didn't want to take the chance with this one.

Thank you very much!