News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Harmonic Overdriver thanks to Lubdar

Started by Dminner, September 20, 2016, 07:31:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dminner

I didn't really do much on this...but it turned out cool.  I bought something from Lubdar recently and he was awesome and threw in a loaded circuit.  He did all of the real work.  I just made an enclosure and loaded it.  But I did wire all the jacks and the footswitch board to the pcb (for that I even used fancy ass wiring like I have seen on here haha)  ;D

Very cool effect.  It is his evil fuzz/interstellar overdriver/harmonic transformer hybrid thingy.

beneharris

That is awesome. I love the enclosure, they're always super impressive.

Lubdar

(--c^.^)--c

playpunk

"my legend grows" - playpunk

flanagan0718

Great job! As always the enclosure is beautiful. Great job on the wiring too!

storyboardist

Guy behind Effects Layouts

Dminner

Quote from: storyboardist on September 20, 2016, 12:25:00 PM
Killer build. Looks awesome!

thanks man!  Sometime I need to find someone that can help me build a MINI with the layout you posted on your site  ;)

storyboardist

What do you need? Just a board etched? Etched an populated?

Dminner

Quote from: storyboardist on September 21, 2016, 05:01:06 AM
What do you need? Just a board etched? Etched an populated?

I normally do labor trade with people. I make two enclosures and they make two circuits :)

I was getting ready to buy a mini the other day and noticed you had a schematic

storyboardist

m-Kresol

great work as per usual Dan. I hope the day never comes that you figure out electronics. This would mean a stop to awesome enclosures for the rest of us ;)
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Dminner

Quote from: m-Kresol on September 21, 2016, 07:35:20 AM
great work as per usual Dan. I hope the day never comes that you figure out electronics. This would mean a stop to awesome enclosures for the rest of us ;)

I am going to try my first solo build in a couple of weeks.  Ordering components is a bit overwhelming, but a buddy on here is helping by putting me a component kit together :)

Lubdar

Quote from: Dminner on September 21, 2016, 08:11:42 AM
Ordering components is a bit overwhelming, but a buddy on here is helping by putting me a component kit together :)

Heh, I hear ya on that!!!I have so many extra components from not knowing how to read things correctly or doublecheck what I first started ordering. You probably already know, but if you're in it for the long haul I'd suggest buying bags of resistors.  SOOO many times I purchased 20 resistors to later learn that buying the bag of 200  would cost the same as 25 resistors...

Best,
  Lubdar
(--c^.^)--c

alanp

It's a learning experience. That's what I tell myself on my many, many oversights and screw-ups.

Dminner, awesome work as usual. I'm not sure that it's yours, though -- I can't see any wires going to the pots and switches! ;) :) ;)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Dminner

Quote from: alanp on September 22, 2016, 10:47:39 AM
It's a learning experience. That's what I tell myself on my many, many oversights and screw-ups.

Dminner, awesome work as usual. I'm not sure that it's yours, though -- I can't see any wires going to the pots and switches! ;) :) ;)

Haha, he wired that part. But off board wasn't nessecary. As long as there is room for at least one oversized knob I'm happy ;)

Actually I recently bought a new pedalboard and I starting to realize my love of huge things doesn't always work out so well haha.

I am actually loving this 125b size since it is small and allows for top mounted stuff :)