News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sweet deal in strings if yer lookin

Started by jimilee, September 21, 2016, 02:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

I also frequently change strings after weekly singings.

selfdestroyer

This scenario would be so much better if it was for underwear.

Cody

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

madbean

When I was a poor college student I would boil old strings instead of buying new ones. Didn't really do much.

matmosphere

Quote from: madbean on September 21, 2016, 05:11:18 PM
When I was a poor college student I would boil old strings instead of buying new ones. Didn't really do much.

I've heard it works better for bass strings than guitar strings.

Personally I hardly ever change strings anymore. Back when I was playing gigs with bands I would change them frequently, now it maybe happens when they are really dead.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

I kinda go back and forth. If I play one guitar constantly for a couple of months I totally don't mind the strings being dead and I even start to prefer it. But if I pick up another guitar that already has dead ones I hate it.

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on September 21, 2016, 05:34:24 PM
I kinda go back and forth. If I play one guitar constantly for a couple of months I totally don't mind the strings being dead and I even start to prefer it. But if I pick up another guitar that already has dead ones I hate it.
True story. I have a guitar a friend lent to me, and the strings are dead. I haven't touched it. It's an awesome neck thru ibanez. I can't stand dead bass strings at all.

Jebus

Quote from: jimilee on September 21, 2016, 05:25:52 PM
Never did much for bass strings either.

I think it helps for a week or two, then they go back to dead. Totally not worth it.

galaxiex

I bought an old Teisco guitar on ebay and the strings it came with looked about a hunnert years old.
I played it like that for a while anyway. Sounded ok....

...then I put some new ones on.... holy crap! It's a brand new guitar!  ;)
Fear leads to Anger, Anger leads to Hate, Hate leads to Suffering.

chromesphere

I usually change my strings when the frets need polishing :|
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

jtaormina

Always before a gig (or singings) for me. No exceptions. I always also add fretboard conditioner for some added smoooooooth. But I'll practice with a crappy set for awhile before I change them.