News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

You are not a unique snowflake...

Started by juansolo, September 29, 2016, 06:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Suzy's Tight Club pedal. This was a fun one. We got chatting about doing a Tight Metal and discovered I had a couple of boards left. One thing led to another and I decided that the rudimentary gate on it was a bit pants and it'd be awesome with a real noise gate wedged into the circuit (I'll put details on the site how we've done that).

Anyhow, if that wasn't challenging enough, we also decided to put it in a tiny box, because, well, because. This is a 1590BS... A 1cm taller 1590B!

The pic with the two boards isn't how I ended up wiring it in the end as we needed to move the gate further up the circuit from where the original was. But it's in, it works and it makes it utterly awesome.

Really, really pleased with how this turned out. Decal was Suzy's idea also. Which is cool and I'm using this on mine also (yep, the other board is getting the same treatment for me).

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Tremster

juansolo

Facebook person, I C&P'd the text because I'm lazy ;)

pickdropper

I'm not sure, but it's possible you are totally insane.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

juansolo

I take that as a compliment. Sanity is so mainstream...

m-Kresol

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Jebus

pickdropper

Quote from: juansolo on September 29, 2016, 08:43:59 AM
I take that as a compliment. Sanity is so mainstream...

Absolutely.  It was intended as a compliment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

hylandren

Wow!
Maybe its been done before and I just missed it, but I have never seen that slick method of securing/hovering one over the other, the way you did that!

Quote from: juansolo
This is a 1590BS... A 1cm taller 1590B!

-I was unaware of these, but will remember them for a taller enclosure with a 1590b footprint.

Quote from: juansolo
...utterly awesome.....Really, really pleased with how this turned out.

Yeah, I would imagine so!

selfdestroyer

The buss solid core wire is awesome. Thats a great match up also.. its only way to crack the TM and not have the soothing sound of the sea coming out your amp.

Cody

Martan

beneharris

jubal81

Now that is some impressive stackage.  :o
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

matmosphere

Awesome!! You are a true master.

This also reminded me that I should read that Fight Club sequel that came out recently.

diablochris6

If those were stacked any neater, you'd have to pour syrup on them and call them pancakes. Flawless execution.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here