News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Re: Deathklaw Confirmation

Started by K3yPr0gg3r, September 30, 2016, 11:36:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K3yPr0gg3r

Hi,

I'm planning on purchasing Deathklaw, but I wanted to confirm something in the build doc. In the notes section, mod ideas, it states "try substituting a higher value for C22 (100n)." C22 is 22n so is the 100n a suggestion of the higher value? Just wanted to make sure. This looks like a pretty intense build!
Also. I guess I need to prep the enclosure fairly early on since I need to install the green LED prior to IC2, and the LED will be sticking through the enclosure I assume.
One more thing, I just ordered the LM78L05, (they have it L78L05), the BC550s, and the PT2399s from Tayda. I know Paul @ diyguitarpedal.com has the LM78L05, (just labeled 78L05), and the PTs as well. Just want to make sure I'm getting operational components.

Thank you

K3yPr0gg3r

Ok, just purchased...I also assume that if I'm using a breakout for the 3PDT, I omit R30 (4k7). Correct?

Thanks again

jubal81

Tayda is not a trustworthy supplier. The parts they buy are factory scrap or bogus.

Their 2399s and regulators have been known to be defective and their transistors mislabeled.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

K3yPr0gg3r

Ok, thanks. Guess I'll go to ebay for the BCs. Anything on my other questions?

jimilee

I'm not looking at the BOM currently, but the green leds should be there as a diode and not to actually light up, it cuts down on the distortion in the repeats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

The green LED is only for the PT2399, like Jimi said. It should not be mounted externally.

Boba7

I wouldn't trust Tayda's transistors, voltage regulators or PT2399 either!

Tayda's pt2399 are good for very short delays, or chorus, vibrato etc.

K3yPr0gg3r

Ok, so I need to cut the LED VERY short to fit under the socket for IC2...pretty much put it right against the board? How about the Capacitor question...(C22)?

Thanks

jimilee

Quote from: K3yPr0gg3r on September 30, 2016, 02:36:10 PM
Ok, so I need to cut the LED VERY short to fit under the socket for IC2...pretty much put it right against the board? How about the Capacitor question...(C22)?

Thanks
Solder the green led from the underside of the board.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

K3yPr0gg3r

Ok, like the pots and switch. What about C22? Should I also assume that the BC550s are bad as well? I have used transistors from Tayda the were operational...

Thanks

jimilee

Quote from: K3yPr0gg3r on September 30, 2016, 04:13:47 PM
Ok, like the pots and switch. What about C22? Should I also assume that the BC550s are bad as well? I have used transistors from Tayda the were operational...

Thanks
Nah,  they should be fine. If you're just a hobbyist, I wouldn't worry about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk