News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dubnium Drive & Indium Indicator

Started by m-Kresol, October 03, 2016, 12:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m-Kresol

My latest creations, the Dubnium Drive (DBA Interstellar Overdriver) and Indium Indicator (VU meter designed around the LA2284 chip). Thanks to Cody for tech help with the transistor selection, which led to me discovering a layout mistake (flipped transistors). The indium indicator is using 0805 SMD components, except for the trimpot, IC and the SS12 diode which is a bit bigger than 0805.

The layouts are shared in my oshpark account (through hole and smd version for the Drive) and build docs are linked there.

The graphics are courtesy of Peter Repovski, who was nice enough to allow me to use the comic and sent me a high-res verision. Etched, painted, sanded and clear coated. Turned out perfect, but shows again I can't drill straight. ;)

The video is just to show the VU meter. The sound recording is crap with my phone.

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

playpunk

"my legend grows" - playpunk

jimilee

Daaaammmnnnn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Aleph Null

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

lars

I see you have constructed a new VU meter. Your skills are now complete.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

alanp

I can see a few people being interested in that vu pcb, it's pretty slick :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

diablochris6

Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

m-Kresol

thanks!

I have to give credit to Thomas from THcustoms. I got the idea and parts of the schematic for the vu meter from his/merlins boost project and the rest came from the data sheet.

I have 2 1 indicator pcbs left and I could include all smd parts if someone is interested. 6€ plus shipping should cover it. Also, I've got one more drive pcb, 4€ plus shipping?

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol

hylandren

Great ergonomic design, your own PCB layout, an immaculate enclosure etch, and then there's that VU meter.....
WOW! Stellar work inside and out!

nzCdog

Vader with lightsaber!  Yeeyah!  Great job Felix ;D

Jebus

Addy Bart

That looks so good!
I'll take the drive pcb if it's still up for grabs?

m-Kresol

Quote from: Addy Bart on October 05, 2016, 07:04:38 AM
That looks so good!
I'll take the drive pcb if it's still up for grabs?

thanks. It is. PM incoming

Boba7