News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

veroboard layout

Started by Hefty, October 07, 2016, 02:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hefty

I am looking to build a klon clone using veroboard, An layout diagrams/info around

m-Kresol

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Hefty

this looks like a great link, thank you for the  quick response, I have only made a few pedals but used pcb boards from byoc and would like more of  a challenge. I bought a grab bag from another member and one of the items was a klon encloser and I have all the parts so I will give this a try. I also have lots of veroboard so I am looking forward to many more builds. Thanks again for the link

JackSkellington

I build pedals using veroboard layout. Tagboard is a great source, but also Sabrotone, then I search on google, but just if I find something more than verified.

I read all about the pedal where I got the layout, all I can find in the web about the schematic and the mods.
Sometime I use socket pin to try different part (resistors, caps, transistors, ICs...).
This method is ok for me.
«Just because I cannot see it doesn't mean I can't believe it»

Hefty

Sabrotone looks interesting too, thanks for the input

Willybomb

Tagboard, Sabrotone, Paulinthelab, occasionally DIYstompboxes.  I build on vero more than anything else.

Hefty

Thanks again some more interesting sites

Addy Bart

Remember to flip the layout horizontally when making the cuts and links!

Hefty

ok I am not sure I follow? great to get help like this

Addy Bart

The vero layouts are 'component side up' so the cuts should be done to the other side (the copper side). I flip the layout in Photoshop and black out the cuts with a marker before drilling. And don't drill all the way through either... Just enough so that the copper lane is broken.

Willybomb

Another method that I read about in an Osbourne book when I was 10 (and built a c64 controlled vero robot circuit board from, man that was cool) was to print the layout out at 100% or whatever and stick that to the vero.  Poke holes through the layout for your cuts, flip over and there they are, ready to go.

Drew Hallenbeck

Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

Hefty

sorry I have been building a deck and then refreg bit the dust so no time to check back here, More good sites and info, and I think I under stand now about flipping the layout, again thanks for all the good info,