News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The good folks at Small Bear...

Started by Drew Hallenbeck, October 18, 2016, 06:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew Hallenbeck

I ordered a White 1590B with my last order. The invoice was correct but they accidentally picked/shipped a Black enclosure instead.
I sent them a copy of the invoice with an email explaining the mix-up. I said I'd be happy to send back the black box if they'd send along the white one I wanted.
I waited a couple of days but didn't see a response so I figured I'd just send back the wrong one with the original invoice and hope for the best.
Before I could get to it, I got an email back from them with a tracking number for the new white enclosure. They apologized for the mistake and said I could keep the black box for the inconvenience!
That's good business! I've seen a few posts about having some trouble with orders from them as well as others. Overall I've had pretty good luck with orders from multiple vendors. I just like to take the time to point out the good stuff too.
So, thanks for taking care of me Small Bear!

now where did I put that list of pots I need to order............
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

Betty Wont

While its not uncommon to have a mistake in an order (from any vendor), Small Bear has always done the best job of making it right for me.

galaxiex

I have always had a good experience with ordering from Small Bear.

One mistake once, on an order long ago.
A quick email and he sent the correct part right away.
Fear leads to Anger, Anger leads to Hate, Hate leads to Suffering.

dont-tase-me-bro

I always count everything when it arrives, and have had a couple mis-shipments.  However, they always took care of it.  I've never gotten screwed
I thought this would save me money.

brucer

Quote from: galaxiex on October 18, 2016, 03:43:39 PM
I have always had a good experience with ordering from Small Bear.

One mistake once, on an order long ago.
A quick email and he sent the correct part right away.

^ Me too!  Sometimes it takes a while for them to ship, but this week they were faster that PPP, StewMac and Guitar Parts factory!

Jules

Quote from: Torgoslayer on October 18, 2016, 08:58:28 AM
While its not uncommon to have a mistake in an order (from any vendor), Small Bear has always done the best job of making it right for me.
I have had more than a few mispicked orders from Small Bear myself over the last 12 months but as stated they always do there very best to fix the situation.
Small Bear have such a great selection of parts and are great to deal with so I will always forgive them for the odd minor mix up.

EBRAddict

I always check every item received before I start playing with the parts. I've experienced mislabeled and missing parts from Mouser, Newark, Smallbear, BLMS, Mammoth. Digikey hasn't messed up but I've only placed a couple orders with them.

Mouser once sent a missing film capacitor UPS Next Day Air.

beneharris

I've had good luck with them too. The only mixup I can remember was buying a transistor pack for a fuzz face and they forgot one of the transistors. They let me keep the other one, which was surprising because it was one of the expensive ~$10-15 packs. They're always super helpful.

thesameage

I've had them make a few goofs in orders to me and they've always made it right. It helps that they are only a few miles away.