News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

SS/BS Mini clone for dminner

Started by storyboardist, October 21, 2016, 05:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

storyboardist

Here's another labor trade report. Dan did a great job on the enclosure and I just wrapped up the guts last night.

Considering everything ended up off board, things stayed fairly tidy. Sending it off to you shortly, Dan!
Guy behind Effects Layouts

Bret608

Hey, looks awesome! I've actually had my eye on your layout for this and enjoyed the thread over at FSB. I was curious what type of trimmers you had in mind and this partially answers that question--the layout image looks like it's set up for multi-turns but looks like you can use a mix. Is there any leg bending required if I use the regular square Bournes type?

storyboardist

Thanks man! Yeah, you'll have to bend the legs of the flat trimmers. I actually modified the layout on the blog to better fit the trimmers I have on hand. For the 10k trimmer I have the vertical ones, but the 50k I have are flat. So I just tweaked things a little. Here's the layout if you want to at least have 2 of the trimmers flat.

The 10k trimmer could also be replaced with a resistor (though I would socket that so you can dial in the right value).
Guy behind Effects Layouts

Bret608

Thanks! That looks like it'd be easier to make work based on my available stash.

I'll bet this sounds great...will also be curious as to what knobs Dan picks to go with it!

selfdestroyer

Great job storyboardist! I just finished mine off also on your layout. Its a great sounding OD.

Cody