News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Kingslayer 2 Build

Started by GKShop, October 22, 2016, 08:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GKShop

Hi,

I am in the middle of an etched Kingslayer 2 build and I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can help me out on:
1) The Ra resistor in the build, is this a user determined value? It looks like its 22R in the Kingslayer 2015 pedal?
2) The build doc notes that R1 is only required for true bypass, I would have guess RPD was not required but R1 was, can someone set me straight as to which is required and why?

Thanks!

m-Kresol

1) this resistor forms a low pass filter to remove more of the possibly remaining ripple current of the psu. Use any value between 22R and 330R.
2) you are right. R1 is needed or you wont have a signal connection. RPD is optional.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

GKShop

Quote from: m-Kresol on October 22, 2016, 10:39:33 PM
1) this resistor forms a low pass filter to remove more of the possibly remaining ripple current of the psu. Use any value between 22R and 330R.
2) you are right. R1 is needed or you wont have a signal connection. RPD is optional.

Sweet thanks. I was assuming the build doc was implying replacing R1 with a jumper, but I wasn't too sure.