News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Implementing Rate LED for Madbean Wigl

Started by Brad Hill, October 06, 2016, 06:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad Hill

Hi everyone!

I'm planning to begin work on a couple of Madbean Wigl boards and I had a quick question about the two "indicator" LEDs:

If I only want to use a SINGLE indicator LED and I want to have it flash in time with the rate setting, can I omit "LED1" completely and then run the "LED2" cathode to the "-" trace for "LED1" instead of the "LED2" cathode trace (hopefully my point is a LOT clearer than my words appear to make it!!!)?

Thanks,

- brad -

Brad Hill

Is this something I should have posted in "General Questions" rather than here in "Beginner's Paradise"?

m-Kresol

it should work as you described it. I wouldn't bother soldering the - leg of D2 to the - pad of D1. you can just directly wire the - leg of D2 to the stomp switch, on the lug you would usually connect to the L pad (the one getting grounded when effect is engaged)
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Brad Hill

Thanks for the confirmation...and the soldering tip.  I was just thinking that keeping the LED connections on the PCB and using a wire connection to the 3pdt switch would help tidy up my usual rat's nest of wires and bare leads!