News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Moodring build: Adrift

Started by LateCentury, November 01, 2016, 09:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LateCentury

This is pretty much the stock configuration of the Moodring pedal crammed into a pre-drilled, discounted 125B box from pedalpartsplus. I started this around February and am just now finishing it. This being my 3rd pedal build, but first one started, I'm pretty happy with it. I've learned a lot about the proper order of doing certain things to make my life easier.  :D  Its definitely a weird one. I'm not quite sure how the dry switch is supposed to sound when you switch 'off' the dry, but it seems very quiet. I'm going to have to get creative to find ways to use it.

jimilee

That looks great, no guts no glory!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

287m

nice finishing
Quote from: jimilee on November 01, 2016, 10:22:58 AM
That looks great, no guts no glory!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1
just because jack bottom
rock bottom? hahaha
im schenkerian btw  ;)

jonnygreentrees

that looks awesome, how did you do the artwork? Sticky label?

m-Kresol

that's fantastic. the artwork is really cool and fits the theme perfectly.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Leevibe

Really beautiful! I've contemplated bottom mounted jacks but never tried them. How are you liking that configuration?

LateCentury

Quote from: jonnygreentrees on November 02, 2016, 03:23:55 AM
that looks awesome, how did you do the artwork? Sticky label?

I made a color laser printout and transferred it to the enclosure with this technique using acrylic polyurethane: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lTh4JJyZtA

LateCentury

Quote from: Leevibe on November 02, 2016, 05:58:06 AM
Really beautiful! I've contemplated bottom mounted jacks but never tried them. How are you liking that configuration?

I use a variety of sizes and configurations of pedals on my board, so I have all kinds of varying length cables. I usually need to move things all around when I add a new pedal. It matches up well with pedals that have top mounted jacks!