News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

JuansoloFX - awesomeness born from failure!

Started by juansolo, November 12, 2016, 09:31:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cajone5

Incredible work. It's unfortunate that people seem to think "DIY" stuff should sell so cheap. if they sound half as good as they look I'm sure they were a bargain.

warriorpoet

These are beautiful, and inspired (yet another) Muff PCB purchase...

...and if you want to make any of yours available with directions on how to make all of these lovely beasts, I won't turn you down ;)
Mzo.FX, Owner

jubal81

Haven't boxed it yet, but the delay sounds very, very damn good.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jimilee

I'm jealous of your style honestly. I think your stuff is amazing. I wish I could make my pedals half as clean inside and out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

wgc

I've really missed seeing the Jain/clergy builds. So awesome, and stoked about the international collaboration here.

I think the standard line is genius, just needs some exposure that isn't on diy.

Maybe send one to premier guitar mag or some of the YouTube player/reviewers?

But unfortunately the market is flooded and not many buyers can even tell what's good and what isn't. That said, one influential player can be all it takes to get the orders rolling a bit better.

If it were me, I'd try to get the std line in front of more eyes to drive interest in selling the  custom builds. Kind of the opposite approach chevy takes with the corvette. :)
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

juansolo

Quote from: warriorpoet on November 12, 2016, 07:41:44 PM
These are beautiful, and inspired (yet another) Muff PCB purchase...

...and if you want to make any of yours available with directions on how to make all of these lovely beasts, I won't turn you down ;)

I've made build docs for each PCB we've done to date. Mainly because it makes them easier to build, but also I was thinking ahead for if they're ever made them available.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

cajone5

I could likely be swayed to pick up a couple pcbs :) just saying... the delay and a couple of the muffs look quite interesting.

Guitarmageddon

I've always loved you art choices.
Why do the vintage Muffs only have a single pair of clipping diodes?- what am I missing?
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

juansolo

Quote from: Guitarmageddon on November 16, 2016, 03:05:02 PM
I've always loved you art choices.
Why do the vintage Muffs only have a single pair of clipping diodes?- what am I missing?

The other's are vertical in the LED pads. Didn't see the need to add separate pads in for those when the main things built on those boards would have LEDS or async Ges.

jonboper

Your boxes are so beautiful. Those retro graphics are perfect. Maybe they didn't sell, but they're works of art. I know that might not be what you exactly want to hear, but...I don't know.

You've really made some beautiful pieces.

juansolo

Oh I long ago decided that selling pedals here is purely to make the hobby self funding. Problem is when I don't sell much (as I haven't for the last 12 months) I don't exactly build much as I don't build that much for myself any more. Hence it looks like I'm doing very little of late.

I have other distractions though. The Retro computing thing is hitting me hard at the moment, and I'm doing a bit more nixie stuff.

bluescage

Aleph Null

What would I have to do to get my hands on a Big Omar? (˵ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°˵)

AntKnee

The dog's bollocks? LOL
Great work. Great collaboration.
Always a joy to read your build reports.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

juansolo

Quote from: Aleph Null on February 02, 2017, 02:37:55 PM
What would I have to do to get my hands on a Big Omar? (˵ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°˵)

We've a few left, PM me.