News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Box of Hall

Started by jonnygreentrees, November 13, 2016, 06:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonnygreentrees

My friend actually built this (I'm helping him get into building pedals) but I did the artwork and I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Built on the FuzzDog PCB

jimilee

very cool, I've never messed with a box of hall, how does it sound?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jonnygreentrees

actually sounds really nice and springy. As long as the fact you can't adjust the decay time doesn't bother you I'd definitely recommend it

jimilee

Quote from: jonnygreentrees on November 13, 2016, 08:03:02 PM
actually sounds really nice and springy. As long as the fact you can't adjust the decay time doesn't bother you I'd definitely recommend it
I imagine you can kind of fake that with the mix knob.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

m-Kresol

Very cool look you've got going there. Cool of you to bring others into the addiction ;)

you can actually substitute the btdr-2h for the 3h with variable decay lengths. Pins 1-6 are the same on both and pins 7, 8 and 9, 10 on the 3H are for the decay stereo pot. The only thing is that it's not that easy to fit in usually. If I ever attempted it, I guess the best way to do it, is to bend pins 7-10 straight, mount pins 1-6 to the board as you always would and solder the pot to the straightened pins.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

jonnygreentrees

ah that's really useful to know, I'll definitely try that! cheers