News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

[HELP]Solid State Reverb&bypass looper w/ buffer Project for a Newbie

Started by sugonidamaso27, August 09, 2011, 03:27:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sugonidamaso27

Hello everyone,
Well based from the subject, I would like to start this one. I just saw this project. Here's the link:http://hammer.ampage.org/?cmd=lt&xid=&fid=&ex=&pg=8. My problem is I don't know how to convert it to a 9v that would fit into a 1590b. Too much to ask?PLEASE?I have a primitive/little experience in terms of electronics.The basics you would say. I just rely on project layouts (tonepad,ggg,madbean, freestompboxes &DIYStompboxes et al.). It is just a hobby of mine to build-highly addicting!I belong in a medical field course. Any thread/topic would help. You would say....Buy/order the FV chip or byoc type! Too expensive! And it is not available on my area. I don't know the sound/outcome for this one. It's a reverb! Maybe it will sound good! http://hammer.ampage.org/?cmd=lt&xid=&fid=&ex=&pg=4
the bottom reverb sd.gif one. And I want to build also a bypass looper w/a buffer IC/jfet in it. Is it possible? I still want to maintain the natural/clean sound of my guitar. Too much to ask, but thank you in advance! Cheers!

jkokura

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I took a quick look at the project you've mentioned of Mark Hammer's site. It looks promising. However, just knowing the difficulty of changing a project, I think it would be better to start from scratch than to try and take that from +/- 15V to just +9V. It would be too much adjustment and experimentation to ask of someone unless they were as interested in it as you are. In truth, if you'd like to experiment with it, you could start reading now and probably learn a lot, and eventually learn to do the work you're asking for.

I will also mention that I've built the BYOC reverb, and with some small modifications it works very well. I would like to build an FV-1 project as well, and I'm starting to learn how to approach the digital world for that one. It's not an easy road to learn how to 'bend' circuits, so good luck on your learning.

Oh, and a bypass looper with a buffer is very easy. There are many products out there, but I recommend taking a look at fellow forum member's stuff here: http://coldcrafteffects.net/PCB_Store.html

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

bigmufffuzzwizz

Sorry to change the topic slightly. Jacob - what modifications did you do to your BYOC reverb? I like mine a lot so I'd love to know how to make it better!
To original poster - I'd recommend the BYOC project or the GGG reverb if you haven't checked them out already.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

jkokura

I changed one resistor to bring the amount of reverb down. I found it to be WAY too much reverb to be honest. I also changed some other components to bring it up to unity gain. I was getting a signal drop when I kicked it on. Simple easy mods, well discussed over at the BYOC forum.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

bigmufffuzzwizz

Cool I'll check that out. It does have way to much reverb, its really hard to get a subtle verb with the stock values.

sugonidamaso27

WOW!Thank you so much for your insight sir.I am deeply honored.I will try to read more. Believe me, I am really trying.Thank you for inspiring me more to get these things done. No offense on the Reverb sir, it is much VERY indeed a great pedal. It's just that I want to build it own my own (your madbean projects).I usually build my hobby pedals and parts (sub transistors majority, vactrols, LED/LDR's-thanks to your modifications madbean!) from the resources that are available here in my area. The scarcity of the FV-1/Belton here (third world country) are indeed none. The one I saw on Mr. Hammer's site was indeed excites me because, all of the parts are available! It's just that I don't know how to do it. Thank you so much for the bypass loop buffer! This will help a LOT. Is there a PCB layout?Thank you Sir Jacob!

bigmufffuzzwizz

IIRC I saw a pcb layout at the bottom of the document you posted.

jkokura

Yes there was, but he was looking for a layout/project for a smaller enclosure. I'm not sure that PCB could even fit into a 1590BB.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*