News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Liquid Mercury Phaser

Started by m-Kresol, November 21, 2016, 05:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m-Kresol

drolo's fantastic Liquid Mercury phaser. Came together nicely without problems and the combination of yellow 5mm LED and 2 tayda LDRs works well and sounds nice. thanks to chuckbuick for the tipp.

I added a Tap sync jack which is basically just synchornising the 5V tap of the tap switch with other taplfo devices (in my case Jon's Cardinal tremolo). I might resolder it to the other lug of the jack. This way, if someone accidentally inserts the 9V supply there, it will only put GND on the 5V pad instead of 9V, which might damage the IC. I need to add the jack to the tremolo to confirm it works, but according to the datasheet it should work.

The etch turned out really well and the epoxy really brings it to live. Lots of detail on this one. First attempt at a multi-coloured theme as well. Lots of work putting tiny pieces of masking tape on there. I didn't have 6 knobs of the same kind, so it's missing one and the waveform selector will also get a white one in the future.

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Boba7

That etch is FANTASTIC!! Out of this world... Just cant believe it. Ah ah. BOTY!

I have to build one at some point... Have to...

Amazing job.

chordball

Fantastic build Felix! That etch is perfect. 8)

alparent

NICE!

Great etched enclosure.
Super clean build.
I'm French.......sorry for my bad Englishhhhhhh.

cajone5

Love it -- great etch

Can't wait to build this one myself.  Super versatile. 

selfdestroyer

Awesome etch Felix. Love the multi colors. Came out fantastic.

Cody

Ralfg

Wow, looks amazing. Did you etch the letters in or etch away to top of the enclosure so the letters are raised?

I've been wanting to do a multicolored enclosure like this. Inspirational! Thanks for sharing.
Dr. Von Fuzzbrauer @ Rocket Surgeon Effects Pedals
https://www.smallspacesband.com/

selfdestroyer

Quote from: Ralfg on November 21, 2016, 08:53:22 AM
Wow, looks amazing. Did you etch the letters in or etch away to top of the enclosure so the letters are raised?

I've been wanting to do a multicolored enclosure like this. Inspirational! Thanks for sharing.

You are correct, its a reverse etch. I'm a huge fan of that method also.

Cody

m-Kresol

thanks guys, I appreciate your feedback.

Quote from: Ralfg on November 21, 2016, 08:53:22 AM
Did you etch the letters in or etch away to top of the enclosure so the letters are raised?

as Cody already said, it's a reversed etch. Just to be clear, that means that the letters are raised. That gives more room for experimenting with different colours in contrast to the bare aluminium after sanding the raised parts. Regular etch with lowered letters is never as colourfull, as the most part of the enclosure will be bare aluminium
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

stringsthings

All You Need Is Love

Leevibe

Amazing etch and coloring, Felix! This belongs in BOTY my friend.

Lubdar

That looks absolutely killer!!!
(--c^.^)--c

nzCdog

lincolnic

That looks incredible, fantastic job!

Coda-effects

Beautiful!
And wonderful reversed etching