News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Keeley BD-2 issue

Started by StratRat, November 21, 2016, 08:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StratRat

I have a Keeley BD-2 acquired from a friend.  I really like this pedal but for one small annoying behavior it has.  For lack of a better way to describe it, there is a static fizzling out of notes as a chord or single note fades away.  Right at the tail end.  It is subtle, and not noticeable in a band situation with cymbals crashing, etc.  But I am most often sitting in my office facing the amp, and so I hear everything.   

People rave about this pedal, and I really do like it.  The static-y fade out can't just be part of the behavior of the pedal, can it?  I've never been able to pick it up in a demo.

I've tried different amps, cables, power supplies, guitars, all the usual.   Anybody else find this with these pedals?

brucer

I've got a Keeley BD-2 and it definitely doesn't have a static fizzling out of notes as a chord/single note fades away. I'd suggest you drop an email to Keeley and ask them about it.  I've always found them to be super-responsive and very willing to service their own builds/mods, if needed.  Hope that helps.

galaxiex

I have a BD-2 and I did the Keely mod myself. (the info is out there)  :)

It sounds good (certainly much better than stock) with none of the problems you describe.

A "fizzy staticy" sound on note decay is often associated with crossover distortion in a solid state power amp. (I've experienced this)
Not sure how that would apply to a pedal... possibly a transistor or op-amp going bad?.... or maybe poor bias on same?
Fear leads to Anger, Anger leads to Hate, Hate leads to Suffering.