News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

dragonfly

Started by cjkbug, August 09, 2011, 11:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjkbug

I've had a few days off from work, so I've been on a real tear with fuzz building. Here's a dam dragonfly clone I put together today. I added a few extra rows and jumpers to make the offboard wiring a little neater because vero builds are usually very difficult to assemble elegantly.

The etch is from a tarot card illustration that I reworked a bit.

This thing sounds really great. I used a 2n3904 for Q1 and a CV7112 for Q2. Was no trouble at all to dial in. sounds thick and heavy and fat as hell. the filter control helps shape the tone quite a bit by draining some of the input signal to ground, or not. walks the line between Fuzz Face and Tonebender. Doesn't clean up that great with the guitar's volume knob. But with fuzz like that, who would turn down?

I got blisters on my fingers!!!

dwstanford

Another great fuzz pedal.  This one has also been on my list for a while. (I could say that for pretty much all the DAM stuff.  I want all those pedals and i sure cant afford to buy them.)  I dig the tarot etch.  Looks awesome.

cab_eleven

Killer, its etches like this that make me want to do an etch. Then I realize mine won't look anywhere near as good so I just stick to what I know.

nzCdog

bigmufffuzzwizz

Awesome!! Is this a specific DAM fuzz pedal or just the Dragonfly layout?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals