News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NPD: Keeley Loomer

Started by selfdestroyer, November 22, 2016, 05:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

Got myself a Loomer today. I have been scouting Reverb and eBay for a week and one finally came up on Reverb.

I have played with it for about 45 minutes and I am really excited with the results. There has been some reviews/criticism about the "reverse" setting not able to get the same sound as the Yamaha SPX 90 or the Alesis Midiverb II, both used by Kevin Shields at some point. I have also heard people complaining about the Fuzz, saying  "Kevin never used a Big Muff" (I have yet opened up the Loomer to see what the fuzz circuit truly is, but I am thinking its a BMP) and I am 100% ok with that. Its a great sounding fuzz and took my Jazzmaster like a champ.

All this madness aside, I really like the pedal for what it is. It has a great modulated reverb and a really good reverse reverb. I like it better than the EHX Cathedral. The fuzz is very usable also. The 2 circuits pair up ver nice and can get that "wall of sound" pretty easily. Add a reverb after it or even before it and you get some magic. Also, I played my 8 knob fuzz factory into it and the reverse modulated reverb sounded GREAT!

Looks like its here to stay for now. I may grow out of it and stick with rack effects for this type of sound.. but for now, the Loomer gets a spot on my board.

Will you instantly sound like Kevin Shields? NOPE but you will get some great shoegaze and dreampop tones for sure.

Cody