News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pangea / Wave Machine #2

Started by flanagan0718, January 23, 2017, 11:03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flock of Bees

These pedals always look great. Where can I find this PCB?

Bret608

Hey Mike, thanks for suggesting the heat shrink on the LED/LDR combos. I opened my Pangea up and tried it last night. I never had any volume drop issues on my build, but was curious to try it anyway. What I noticed is that the circuit maintains a bit more clarity and focus at the higher intensity or bias settings. There may be slightly less noise as well. While I don't think it's necessarily essential, there was a slight improvement to my ears.

flanagan0718

Quote from: Bret608 on January 26, 2017, 09:08:02 AM
Hey Mike, thanks for suggesting the heat shrink on the LED/LDR combos. I opened my Pangea up and tried it last night. I never had any volume drop issues on my build, but was curious to try it anyway. What I noticed is that the circuit maintains a bit more clarity and focus at the higher intensity or bias settings. There may be slightly less noise as well. While I don't think it's necessarily essential, there was a slight improvement to my ears.

Yarp. You worded it way better than I did (I just said the effect seemed to bleed into it's self a little). I'm glad you did it. I let a friend borrow my first build, I 'm going to need to get it back and heat shrink the LEDs on that one too.

Quote from: Flock of Bees on January 25, 2017, 08:26:39 PM
These pedals always look great. Where can I find this PCB?

Hey bud, Thanks for the kind words. brenja sells these here PCBs Here is a link to the thread http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=23120.msg226696#msg226696