News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2016 Wrap-Up and Announcement

Started by madbean, December 05, 2016, 02:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

This is just crazy. It really is a pleasure to be a part of this community and I look forward to next year. Thanks Brian for all the hard work and thanks to all the usual suspects for all the inspiration.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

pdhonte

These are great news! Thanks a lot Brian for making all these circuits available.
Pierre.

Adam_DIY

Wow I'm super excited for all of those announcements.  I love this site thanks Brian.

Jules

Thanks a lot Brian, very much looking forward to the time lapse and bring on the noisemakers!

Boba7

That is so AMAZING!!

VFE's one of my all time favorites. Actually one of the very few (with function fx of cours ;) ) I'd buy from with no afterthought.
I've only had his chorus, phaser and Bumblebee (slow gear&comp) and they were amazing. And he's such a cool guy, releasing his schematics, going back to teaching and all.

I will definitely buy some VFE boards. Im actually building a Pale Horse following tagboard's layout.

Thanks a lot for the work and ideas. I cant believe how truly amazing this community is.

Congrats.

:)

m-Kresol

Thanks to Brian, Peter and all of the community members here. You guys helped me a lot the last year with problems here and there, but also you provided such a nice atmosphere and this is a great place to be around for any kind of thing. I like to believe that getting into this hobby and collecting knowledge around here enabled me to get the job that I'm starting in January, which is in R&D of a manufacturer of passive electronics.

thanks guys! To an even better 2017!
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

raulduke

Thanks for the update Brian, and thanks for all the good work over the last year!

2017 looks like it will be a winner for you (VFE, Tube based, Noisemakers, FV-1.... f*ck yeah!).

All I need now is the time to build all this awesome stuff  ;)

peAk

Noise Makers in 2017

Full-blown Synths in 2020

I'm in  8)

madbean

Also, forgot to mention the first noisemaker will be the Mandroid. That's my take on the whole DBA Robot / GGG Pitch Shifter thing. That one will come in January.

jambforthelamb

YES! Super excited for this one!
-Kevin

Quote from: madbean on December 06, 2016, 06:34:04 AM
Also, forgot to mention the first noisemaker will be the Mandroid. That's my take on the whole DBA Robot / GGG Pitch Shifter thing. That one will come in January.

peAk

exciting times!!!

stringsthings

Wonderful news!   Many many thanks for all your hard work Brian.  This is my favorite site; so many helpful and intelligent people, all enjoying building
pedals and representing that DIY spirit in the best possible way.  Really looking forward to the new projects in 2017.  ( I don't know when I'll get around
to building all these things, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it )  Maybe I'll even get a decent camera next year so I can share some of my builds.
I love seeing what amazing things everyone else builds.   

Special shout-out to all those who helped me get into etching enclosures.  ( you know who you are )  And also many thanks to all the talented individuals
that designed projects and offered their work to us.   It's such an amazing thing to be able to put together these unique, one of a kind circuits.   

Quote from: peAk on December 06, 2016, 06:58:30 AM
exciting times!!!

Exciting times, indeed !!!

All You Need Is Love

culturejam

Also, forgot to mention the first noisemaker will be the Mandroid.

Pretty sure that's a gay bar in the West Village.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

raulduke

Quote from: culturejam on December 06, 2016, 08:10:11 AM

I went on a night out in Blackpool recently (don't ask) and there was a bar called the 'Growlr' next to our hotel (with that spelling).

It also had a sign outside that read 'Strictly MEN only'.

I imagined inside it would be something like the Blue Oyster bar from Police Academy  ;D

Adam_DIY

Quote from: raulduke on December 06, 2016, 08:36:50 AM
Quote from: culturejam on December 06, 2016, 08:10:11 AM

I went on a night out in Blackpool recently (don't ask) and there was a bar called the 'Growlr' next to our hotel (with that spelling).

It also had a sign outside that read 'Strictly MEN only'.

I imagined inside it would be something like the Blue Oyster bar from Police Academy  ;D

I've actually been there!  I was in Blackpool for my mates wedding and we ended up in there for a few drinks the night before because it stayed open longer than most of the other bars.  Honestly it was just like every other bar only no women nothing quite as exciting as the blue oyster bar.