News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2016 Wrap-Up and Announcement

Started by madbean, December 05, 2016, 02:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

Wow, I really shit on this thread. Sorry, Brian!   ;D

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jimilee

Quote from: culturejam on December 06, 2016, 10:14:05 AM
Wow, I really shit on this thread. Sorry, Brian!   ;D
Na, We were all thinking it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

raulduke

Oops sorry guys  :-[... just having a laugh, no offense meant  :)

Back on topic then... the VFE stuff looks really interesting (checked out their website last night).

Brian, will you be selling pre-drilled enclosures for the VFE projects?

Looking at the original pedals, they all feature the same enclosure drill layout, so it would make keeping inventory simple if you did.

alparent

I'm French.......sorry for my bad Englishhhhhhh.

madbean

Quote from: alparent on February 14, 2017, 05:21:19 PM
Any news on those VFE boards?

Nothing definitive in terms of release, but things are happening behind the scenes. I will be getting the microcontrollers for the switching circuit on the projects. I expect March will be the initial launch.

culturejam

Quote from: madbean on February 14, 2017, 05:29:38 PM
I will be getting the microcontrollers for the switching circuit on the projects.

Apologies if this was covered already, but...will the switching sub-circuit be a standalone board as well?
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

alparent

Quote from: madbean on February 14, 2017, 05:29:38 PM
Quote from: alparent on February 14, 2017, 05:21:19 PM
Any news on those VFE boards?

Nothing definitive in terms of release, but things are happening behind the scenes. I will be getting the microcontrollers for the switching circuit on the projects. I expect March will be the initial launch.

Will the code for those microcontrollers be available for us DIY type that like to go to the trouble of programming our own chips?

Can't wait to see some documentation of these projects!
I'm French.......sorry for my bad Englishhhhhhh.

Strategy

Madbean it's probably not highest on the list nor the most ambitious undertaking but I recall an early prospect list for Etcher's Paradise showed a number of Tim Escobedo-based circuits...if you get around to those this year, I for one would be grateful and willing to give them a verification effort
Strategy