News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Re: Fake 1N270s?

Started by K3yPr0gg3r, December 09, 2016, 11:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K3yPr0gg3r

Hi,

Is there such a thing as silicon 1N270s? I forgot where I picked these up, but I've got 8 diodes marked 1N270, and the FV equals .50!

Thank you,

midwayfair

The answer is "yes of course," depending on where you got them, but the Fv doesn't necessarily mean they are fake. It could just be your multimeter. The easiest test is finger heat. If the Fv rises fairly quickly and by a lot, then it's likely they're Ge. Otherwise your guess is as good as anyone else's.

K3yPr0gg3r

I pretty much use YOUR write-up that you did on diodes back in 2012 as gospel, so that's why I posted. My UNI-T is a pretty good DMM, (matched your reading on the Russian diodes I have). BTW Jon, are those 1N270s from Small Bear that sound "Marshally" the ones posted as "House Number"? Do they EVEN make OA126s anymore??

Thanks

warriorpoet

Quote from: K3yPr0gg3r on December 09, 2016, 01:30:44 PM
I pretty much use YOUR write-up that you did on diodes back in 2012 as gospel, so that's why I posted. My UNI-T is a pretty good DMM, (matched your reading on the Russian diodes I have). BTW Jon, are those 1N270s from Small Bear that sound "Marshally" the ones posted as "House Number"? Do they EVEN make OA126s anymore??

Thanks

OA126s are really, really rare and SUPER expensive. You CAN get the silicon equivalent (OA128) fairly easily, however. OA128s are GREAT.
Mzo.FX, Owner